600 Bucks Automatic watches ?
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 600 Bucks Automatic watches ?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

600 Bucks Automatic watches ?

Hi Everyone ; this is one of my first threads , Ive made 5 or less ; anyway, I wanted to know which
    automatic watches i could get for 600 (tops 700) dollars.
    Im going to buy it in 5 or 6 moths cause right now im gonna get an omega seamaster.
    But the thing is that I dont want any watch ; I would like it to have these specs:

1-A good machinery , something my watch repairer ( jeweler) would be happy to work with...

2-It doesnt have to be a well known brand preferrably an independent watchmaker or little workshop.
    ( A brand that charges you what the machinery is really worth , no to charge for their "name")

3-It can be used or new (but if its used i would like it to be in mint condition)

Well those are all my priorities ...
    BTW Thanks a lot for taking the time of reading and/or answering.

Re: 600 Bucks Automatic watches ?

Vhech out Christopher Ward watches. They should meet all your criteeia.

Seiko, Steinhart, Deep Blue, Boschett...just a few of many options for you to choose from.
    Hotel Clerk: Do you have seventeen dollars and a good watch?
    Del: No I don't. I have uh... two dollars... and a Casio.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    BREITLING: Navitimer Cosmonaute D22322 | CASIO: MTG-910DA, MTG-1200B, GW-200-2JF, GW-5000, GW-M5610, GW-9400 | IWC: Mark XVI 3255-01 | OMEGA: Seamaster Professional 2220.5000, Speedmaster Professional 311.30.42.30.01.005 | TAG HEUER: Formula 1 Chronograph CAU1111 | ZENITH: El Primero 1969 Chronomaster 03.2040.400

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

If you're looking for a sportier watch then I'd say a Seiko Sumo, Armida A1 or A2, Boschett CD, Bathys 100F auto, Helson Shark Diver, etc......
    There are tons of options.
    What type of style did you have in mind?

There are too many to list and recommending just one or a few brands would be doing you a disservice. Browse through the daily "what are you wearing" (WRUW) threads. Find something you like. Check the price. Go for it if it is within your price range.

Taking one particular recommendation from someone without providing more details - design, size, brand, auto vs quartz, bracelet/strap, etc... is a shot in the dark.
    Lots of dive watches.

Hamilton best bang for your buck. In that price range I would also look at Christopher Ward, Seiko, and Frederique Constant.
    Rolex Submariner
    Zenith Chronomaster XT Open El Primero

Omega Seamaster James Bond 007 Limited Edition
    Kobold Comanche
    Helson Sharkmaster
    Sinn U1
    Alpina Extreme Diver

Maurice Lacroix Miros
    Ball B&O First Mile

Edox Classe Royale Open Heart Automatic
    Shinola Brakeman 46

Luminox 3000 Navy Seal Diver
    Hamilton Khaki Navy Sub
    Seiko Black Monster
    Citizen Ecozilla
    Deep Blue Sunray Diver 1k
    and various other makes and models

You may not be interested in divers but if I was in your shoes I'd be considering the Seiko Sumo or Halios Laguna.

Im looking for something thats kind of sporty but could also be used as a dress watch, like i said I want something that has a good automatic machinery that a WIS would drool over....
    Something that comes out of an obscure brand, a small watchmaker , or a small workshop...
    It could have a bracelet or a strap ......

Which applies to hundreds if not thousands of watches. Go with the WRUW threads.

At $600, you will get solid reliable automatic movements (6r15, 2824, etc..) but probably not something a WIS would drool over.

To get an actual watch made by a small watchmaker in a small workroom, you are talking about custom productions that are well over that price range. If you want to purchase a boutique company watch which outsources to a large manufacturer, then there are plenty of choices, but they won't be designed or assembled by a watchmaker - more like a CAD drawing and workers operating a computer guided water jet.

Quote Originally Posted by gentlemen4watches View Post
    Im looking for something thats kind of sporty but could also be used as a dress watch, like i said I want something that has a good automatic machinery that a WIS would drool over....
    Something that comes out of an obscure brand, a small watchmaker , or a small workshop...
    Lots of dive watches.

Quote Originally Posted by gentlemen4watches View Post
    ...Stolas...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information