About taking pictures of watches for the stupid.

Thread: About taking pictures of watches for the stupid.

About taking pictures of watches for the stupid.

Hello everybody,

I recently picked up a Navitimer 01 and I have been dying to post some pictures.

Problem is that the pictures are to large of a file size from my point and shoot camera.

Even the camera on my phone which isn't very good in the first place takes pictures that are to large to post.

I see very nice pictures on this site all the time. How did they get them put up? Does anybody else have this problem?

Any suggestions on how to take a decent picture at a lower resolution?

Im camera-stupid.

Thanks!

Re: About taking pictures of watches for the stupid.

reduce the quality in the setting on either your phone or your camera or try this Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

Just upload your pictures to it then copy the direct link option from photobucket> click insert image on wus.com>from url>paste and your done
    Own
    Tag Heuer Aquaracer WAP1110
    Tag heuer Carrera WV211B
    Hamilton Khaki king Auto Chrono H64616131
    Vostok Europe N1 GMT

also go to Picnik.com and then you can select the resize option

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I think the easiest way is to use a photo hosting service like Photo Bucket. As far as I know there aren't any size limitations for individual files uploaded to Photo Bucket. To post a photo here, you just insert the link generated by Photo Bucket into your post. You can also configure Photo Bucket to automatically downsize images that you upload so they're a reasonable size for display on a web page.
    Omega Speedmaster Professional 3570.50
    Seiko Sumo SBDC003
    Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso Ultra Thin Tribute to 1931
    Rolex GMT Master II BLNR

You're not camera-stupid, you're computer-stupid. (I'm just kidding, you're not stupid.) Photos are resized once they're uploaded to your computer. I use Adobe Photoshop, but why don't you open an account on Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket. You can upload the pictures there and then resize them using their built in tool. (Hover over the image in your album and then press "Edit.")

There's also free photo editing software called "Paint.NET" (not to be confused with Microsoft Paint, although that might work too). See Paint.NET - Free Software for Digital Photo Editing.

Not a stupid question at all...
    You should be able to reduce the size in your camera settings. 3M is sufficient for most MBs. Higher than that if you want high-res stuff for selling/trading. There is a file size limit to what Image shack will accept too, so I keep my camera set at 3M-5M.

Image shack also has a re-sizing option so you can load a 5M image, and chose to size it down for message boards. But its faster to just load a smaller file size from your camera.

I use both Image Shack and Photo Bucket. I find Image Shack a little easier with this problem. When you go to upload a picture from your computer to Image Shack, you can select what size you want the image resized to. I select 640 x 480 and those pictures work fine for posting on forums.
    Chronographs: Breitling 2 tone Chronomat Evo, Roger Dubuis Easy Diver, DeWitt Academia Sequential, Franck Muller Conquistador, IWC Aquatimer, Hublot Oceanographic 1000, Parmigiani Pershing 45, Paul Picot Plongeur, Royal Oak Offshore Gstaad, Franck Muller Vanguard Carbon, Franck Muller Conquistador, Chopard Mille Miglia, Zenith Defy Aero.. 3 Hand: Angular Momentum diver, Bucherer ScubaTec 2-tone, UN MM Diver 2-tone, Omega Ploprof, Ball Hunley, Omega SM 300 Master Co-Ax 2-tone, Chopard Pro 1, Zodiac Super Sea Wolf, Panerai Sub ti, Monta OceanKing, Breitling SOH II

Like everyone has said above, use Photobucket. It is free and you can set it to resize your pictures whatever size you want.
    Lots of dive watches.

Thank you everybody for the suggestions! It worked great.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridly View Post
    Thank you everybody for the suggestions! It worked great.
    So, let's see some photos of that new Navitimer.
    Omega Speedmaster Professional 3570.50
    Seiko Sumo SBDC003
    Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso Ultra Thin Tribute to 1931
    Rolex GMT Master II BLNR

Thread Information