It is about time I registered, looking for a automatic watch with map or world time..sub $150

Thread: It is about time I registered, looking for a automatic watch with map or world time..sub $150

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

It is about time I registered, looking for a automatic watch with map or world time..sub $150

I am so happy that I finally registered. I am 35 years old, prior Air Force veteran and have been overseas from 1999 to 2012. I just got back last year and went through some depressing times when I came back here. After the military I had a great job working as a contractor overseas and have since came back to America and had to start over. My current job pays half of what I used to make and I had no hobbies to pursue. However, ever since I was in the military I had developed a passion for watches. Mostly G SHOCK, because I will be honest, when you are out on the side of mountain in Seoul Korea practicing for war with North Korea, or working in Camp Sather Iraq in hot and industrial conditions, that G SHOCK just never seemed to get scratched and didn't irritate your sweaty wrist in super hot environments either. Just a very practical watch. My passion for watches started when I was about 10 years old. My father was a military man and I don't know what it is about the military, but if you have ever served you just tend to love watches, flashlights and survival in general. But, back to my point. I was about 10 years old and my Dad had a Casio watch with about 55 alarms, lights and buttons. I was hooked. I finally received a wind up military watch by Timex for Christmas. Of course, since it wasn't digital it wasn't "cool" so I finally bought me a Timex calculator watch. My gosh, that watch was my world. Looking back the Timex military wind up would be a perfect watch for me now, I would really, really love to have it back. I say all of that to say this. Watches, this site and the people on it, really helped through depressed times when I came back here. I never knew I had such a passion for them until I had nothing left and was desperate for a new, lifelong hobby. Watches are so important to me. Time is relative to weather, nature and it's patterns...even planetary rotation and space. Time is deep, you can never learn enough about it and watches contain all of this within a little case. Amazing, simply amazing. With that, I am looking for a automatic watch with a world map on it, or a map of America. I would also love for it to have luminous hands. If not, perhaps a automatic watch with world time. Or a military style automatic or wind up watch. If any of you know of any for $150 or less and WITHOUT a see through case back, please let me know. I am going to start collecting watches and as my job starts to pay better or I find a better one, I really see myself buying a nice watch to pass down to my son one day. If no one can help, that's fine. I have been scouring the web for months now (looking for a watch with map, or world time etc.)and will just continue to do so. Sorry what I wrote was so long. I have enjoyed this site for a year and just wanted to express to everyone why watches mean so much to me. Thanks to all of you ahead of time.
    Last edited by slavesociety36; June 30th, 2013 at 02:54.

Re: It is about time I registered, looking for a automatic watch with map or world time..sub $150

I wish I knew of such a thing.

Re: It is about time I registered, looking for a automatic watch with map or world time..sub $150

I took a quick look around and saw hordes of cheap quartz watches that looked ok, and a couple blingy ones (that didn't so much) but nothing automatic. Good luck with your search.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Cheers, Ryan
    Current collection
    G-Shock AW-591
    G-Shock DW6900
    Urs Auer ZU-711
    Orient Yellow Mako
    Vostok Komandirskie
    Citizen Nighthawk (Asian)
    Sea-Gull M185S (Roman Numerals)
    Next Up
    A well needed break, then maybe Orange Monster

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I saw that Stauer and Akribos make a automatic watch with a map however the glass is domed or very convex and looks very strange. Both are 130 dollars or less. But that very convex glass looks strange. Thanks for your feedback.

Will this work? It's on Amazon & eBay for <$90.

Nemesis G077
    Name:  G077.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  32.5 KB
    Last edited by geekchick; June 30th, 2013 at 04:04. Reason: added link

That looks the exact same as the Stauer watch. I wonder if it is the same one? I will google the image. Thanks though for taking the time to research. This site has very helpful members. I hope one day I can return the favor for all of you.

Welcome aboard. But first thing I gotta say is you have to break up posts like that. One huge block is VERY hard to read. I didn't read it all but the gist of it.

Check out J.Springs. This is my older model but just a little change with the new ones. A part of the Seiko family with their rock solid 7s26 movement. Saw them on Amazon for $160. The outer bezel doesn't turn, but the crown at 2 turns the inner bezel.

Bob

Name:  9491511-lg.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  121.2 KB

My what is a beautiful watch, I have never even heard of that brand. I normally don't even like metal bands but that watch is striking. Thanks so much, I will probably end up getting that one. I will see if they make one with a different material of band.
    Last edited by slavesociety36; June 30th, 2013 at 05:48.

Welcome to the forum!
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

Quote Originally Posted by slavesociety36 View Post
    My what is a beautiful watch, I have never even heard of that brand. I normally don't even like metal bands but that watch is striking. Thanks so much, I will probably end up getting that one. I will see if they make one with a different material of band.
    I think if you're willing to consider watches with a display back, you'll have more options. You might want to verify with Bob, but from pics I've seen I think the J.Springs might have a display back.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information