Accuracies of my ORIS and TAG
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Need_Help
  • 1 Post By wristclock

Thread: Accuracies of my ORIS and TAG

Accuracies of my ORIS and TAG

Recently bought TAG Carrera and ORIS Artelier Complication off an AD, both brand new.

Over the course of two days, I tested the accuracy of the watches in two positions; crown pointing down and dial facing up, each position for 24h for each watch.

Facing up, the Carrera comes in at -6s/d, while the Artelier comes in at +18s/d

Crown pointing down, the Carrera comes in at -45s/d, while the Artelier comes in at +5s/d

Should I be concerned since these are brand new? Please tell me that everything's working alright and they are within acceptable tolerances.

Thank you!

Re: Accuracies of my ORIS and TAG

-45s/day seems too much to be honest. Have you checked the warranty policy?
    CitizenM likes this.

It is commonly believed that watches slow down within the first month of ownership. I've confirmed this personally. You'll no doubt get someone in a few minutes that says no matter how many hundreds or thousands of people experience this, it just doesn't exist because it didn't happen for them.

At any rate, the Artelier should slow down a little. +18 is wayyy too fast for me personally, but wear it in the day time, let it sleep crown up/down and it will balance out a little, hopefully you'll get down to within +10.

The Carrera's rating is unacceptable to me. Give it some time, make sure it's fully wound and all that, but if it's still like that in a couple weeks, I'd be returning it.

For $200 you can get a Japanese mechanical that'll easily run within 10 seconds a day. Many run within 1 second a day or less.

Congrats on the Artelier though. Very beautiful watch.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I second what CitizenM said, my steelfish was running +8 in 24hours Out of the box but after three months it settled down to around .5 seconds a day, amazing accuracy, sometimes it is dead on for days. I now only adjust the time every few months. I say let the Oris settle in but if the tag doesn't get a lot better soon than you should definatley take it in.
    Last edited by wristclock; December 5th, 2011 at 21:13.
    CitizenM likes this.
    Calm down.....It's just a watch....

Thread Information