Accuracy Question

Thread: Accuracy Question

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Accuracy Question

I recently bought myself the new Tissot T-Complication Squelette and my wife the Tissot Powermatic 80 from a local dealer in my city. I have been testing the accuracy with an ipad app and both of them seem to be rather high from what I have seen with my other watches. The skeleton has been roughly +25 while my wife's powermatic has been close or above +30. Does anyone have any idea if there could be something wrong here? I have let the dealer know about the issue and he is going to get back to me today with what Tissot says. My two Hamilton watches are under +/- 5 seconds each and so it just seems strange to me to get these two readings. Appreciate the help! Thanks.

Re: Accuracy Question

First off you need to go 5 days...then divide +/- at the end of that to get an accurate number...
    I assume that was a one day test you gave?
    That is high and the dealer should know that.
    Last edited by little big feather; October 8th, 2013 at 17:45.
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

It was three days, but I will wait a few more days and test again. Thanks

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rmccullough21 View Post
    It was three days, but I will wait a few more days and test again. Thanks

So...is it 30 sec. over 3 days or 90 sec. over 3 days?
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

It would be 90 seconds over for three days...the app that I use averages it to per day but based on the results it will show what it would be per day/week/month etc. So, yes after three days it is around +90

Quote Originally Posted by rmccullough21 View Post
    It would be 90 seconds over for three days...the app that I use averages it to per day but based on the results it will show what it would be per day/week/month etc. So, yes after three days it is around +90
    Does the app just average the difference between cell time and the watch time you input? Are you resetting the time daily and handwinding? If so then my suggestion would be to just set the watch once to time.gov and just wear it without handwinding. Then at the end of 5 days compare again and average the error over at least 5 days.

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

I Pad App ? I wouldn't rely on. Just saying.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Just set the watches and wear them for 5 days and see how much they have gained using the same time source you set them by. Dividing by 5 will then give you a daily variance. I assume that the Powermatic 80 is not the COSC model?
    I had a look but couldn't find the specs for your watches so the bit that follows is a (very) rough guess. I reckon that your watches should be accurate to +- 20 secs per day. If, after you've tested them, they fall outside this then have a word with the AD. If the Powermatic 80 is the COSC model it should meet the COSC specs for timekeeping.

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    I Pad App ? I wouldn't rely on. Just saying.
    There are actually a couple of interesting apps to record the accuracy of watches. The one I used syncs up with the atomic clock, and, when you want to add a data point, it tells you to tap a button when the watch reaches a certain time (9:29:15s, for example). It then uses these data points to give you partial rate, total rate, and even draws a graph to contrast the current rate to the average rate estimated.

It's not a high precision instrument, but to track daily rates, it does the job pretty well.

Yeah, the powermatic 80 is not the COSC version...Tissot responded saying -10 to +30 sec per day is acceptable which my watch falls within, but from what I have seen with my wife's powermatic, it is above the +30s mark. The AD has one more of the Squelette watches and has set it to watch and see what it gains. They have said they will switch mine out if it is better than what I am seeing so that's good at least. I will try checking the accuracy manually by setting to an official time, but the app seemed to be working for all my other watches. Anyway, thanks for the help!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information