Add a watch (or two) -- Rolex Batman OR Rolex Ceramic No Date Sub AND Omega Speedmaster Professional

Poll: Which option do you prefer?

Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Add a watch (or two) -- Rolex Batman OR Rolex Ceramic No Date Sub AND Omega Speedmaster Professional

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Add a watch (or two) -- Rolex Batman OR Rolex Ceramic No Date Sub AND Omega Speedmaster Professional

Hi all,

The following is my small watch collection:

(1) A vintage 1980s Rolex DateJust with a white Jubilee dial on a black letter strap. This was a gift from my wife. I generally wear this with a suit and black dress shoes.
    (2) An IWC 544401 Regulateur. This was a grail watch for a while. I generally wear it with brown dress shoes, both with a suit and jeans.
    (3) An early 2000s Tag Carrera on a steel bracelet. This was my daily watch for almost a decade.

I would like to replace the Tag and create either a three or four piece rotation. The wifey has approved 8 - 10k budget for this endeavor. After a lot of research, I've narrowed my options down to the following:

• Rolex BLNR "Batman" (~$9k). I would buy this new as preowned is just as expensive, if not more. I love the look of this watch, as well as the GMT functionality. This would make a great "all-purpose" watch.
    • Preowned Rolex Ceramic No Date Submariner 114060 (~$5-6k) AND a preowned Omega Speedmaster Professional Moonwatch (~$3k). I love the clean look of the no date sub and the Speedmaster is obviously a classic. Adding these two watches would create a really nice four-piece collection with a good balance of color, functionality, and automatic v. manual wind.

Thoughts? Which option do you prefer? Any other combo I should consider?
    Last edited by Houston77; November 16th, 2017 at 20:17.

Dun Laoghaire/Rathdown, Ireland & Almancil/Vale do Lobo/Quinta do Lago Council, Portugal

Re: Add a watch (or two) -- Rolex Batman OR Rolex Ceramic No Date Sub AND Omega Speedmaster Professi

I’m trying to subliminally read between the lines of your post and i get the impression you’d be happier with Sub and Speedy...
    Instagram https://www.instagram.com/paulo_8135

* Casio G-Shock GMW-B5000D
    * Casio Oceanus
    * Omega Constellation Gold
    * Omega Gold
    * Rotary Silver
    * Seiko Premier
    * Tag Heuer Aquaracer blue

Re: Add a watch (or two) -- Rolex Batman OR Rolex Ceramic No Date Sub AND Omega Speedmaster Professi

Quote Originally Posted by Paulo 8135 View Post
    I’m trying to subliminally read between the lines of your post and i get the impression you’d be happier with Sub and Speedy...
    Today, perhaps. Tomorrow, we'll see, haha. I keep going back and forth as the Batman is a real stunner.
    Paulo 8135 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Dun Laoghaire/Rathdown, Ireland & Almancil/Vale do Lobo/Quinta do Lago Council, Portugal

Quote Originally Posted by Houston77 View Post
    Today, perhaps. Tomorrow, we'll see, haha. I keep going back and forth as the Batman is a real stunner.
    Hmm, if it’s that tight, maybe consider how important a date is?
    Instagram https://www.instagram.com/paulo_8135

* Casio G-Shock GMW-B5000D
    * Casio Oceanus
    * Omega Constellation Gold
    * Omega Gold
    * Rotary Silver
    * Seiko Premier
    * Tag Heuer Aquaracer blue

I sold my BLNR shortly after getting it, so I was one of the few not super enamored with it. I have also seen several in the wild and socially, which solidified my opinion that I made the right choice in selling it. I would get the Sub and Speedy, or if you want the GMT function, get a regular black bezel GMT II for $6K, which everyone seems to have forgotten about. Unless that half blue bezel is worth $2K to you...
    Breguet Type XX, IWC Aquatimer Chronograph "Jacques Yves Cousteau", IWC Portuguese Automatic, JLC Deep Sea Cermet, JLC Tribute to Polaris 1965, Omega Speedmaster Professional, Panerai 233 "Dot", Panerai 439 Oro Rosso, Patek Philippe 5130G World Time, Rolex Datejust, Rolex Seadweller, Vacheron Constantin Overseas Chronograph 49150, Vacheron Constantin Patrimony Traditionnelle Chronograph.

IG: bvllitt

I would put the Batman in the mix

Quote Originally Posted by islands62 View Post
    I sold my BLNR shortly after getting it, so I was one of the few not super enamored with it. I have also seen several in the wild and socially, which solidified my opinion that I made the right choice in selling it. I would get the Sub and Speedy, or if you want the GMT function, get a regular black bezel GMT II for $6K, which everyone seems to have forgotten about. Unless that half blue bezel is worth $2K to you...
    Interesting. Any specific reason you were not enamored with it?

Tough choice, if you didn't have any other watches I'd say Sub/Speedy however given that you have others I definitely would recommend the BLNR (i love mine)
    Adnan

Current 'pieces:

Rolex GMT II BLNR

Zenith Defy
    Omega SMP 2254.50
    Seiko SAGN007
    Ulysse Nardin Classico
    Hermes Slim d'Hermes

Gone:
    Audemars Piguet 15300
    Vacheron Constantin Overseas
    Jaeger LeCoultre Tribute to Deep Sea vintage chronograph
    Rolex DateJust41 126300

Rolex Daytona 116500

JeanRichard Terrascope
    IWC 3239 Laureus

Rolex Explorer II 216570
    Speedmaster Co-Axial 9300
    Omega Aqua Terra 2503.33
    Omega Aqua Terra 2502.80
    Omega SM300
    Speedy Pro 3572.50 w/ a Panda dial (three times)
    Speedy Pro 3570.50 (several times)

Oris 65

The shade of blue was not enough to draw me in, and I actually found it distracting. I also didnt care for the polished links in the bracelet, or the wide square shoulders of the new case. For reference, I have had subs, older GMTs, Explorer 1 & 2 in the past, and currently keep a 16600 Seadweller. Also it didnt help that on the first day I wore it, I walked into a meeting and another person in the room also had one, and a father at my son's preschool also wears a BLNR. I thought best to sell it while its value was high, pick up a black bezel GMT LN, and pocket a quick $2K in the process. I ended up trading it straight across for a VC Deep Stream Overseas chrono.
    Last edited by islands62; November 16th, 2017 at 03:19.
    Breguet Type XX, IWC Aquatimer Chronograph "Jacques Yves Cousteau", IWC Portuguese Automatic, JLC Deep Sea Cermet, JLC Tribute to Polaris 1965, Omega Speedmaster Professional, Panerai 233 "Dot", Panerai 439 Oro Rosso, Patek Philippe 5130G World Time, Rolex Datejust, Rolex Seadweller, Vacheron Constantin Overseas Chronograph 49150, Vacheron Constantin Patrimony Traditionnelle Chronograph.

IG: bvllitt

I'd go for the Sub and Speedy in this case. I'm one of the few that's not too attached to the BLNR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information