The following is my small watch collection:
(1) A vintage 1980s Rolex DateJust with a white Jubilee dial on a black letter strap. This was a gift from my wife. I generally wear this with a suit and black dress shoes.
(2) An IWC 544401 Regulateur. This was a grail watch for a while. I generally wear it with brown dress shoes, both with a suit and jeans.
(3) An early 2000s Tag Carrera on a steel bracelet. This was my daily watch for almost a decade.
I would like to replace the Tag and create either a three or four piece rotation. The wifey has approved 8 - 10k budget for this endeavor. After a lot of research, I've narrowed my options down to the following:
- Rolex BLNR "Batman" (~$9k). I would buy this new as preowned is just as expensive, if not more. I love the look of this watch, as well as the GMT functionality. This would make a great "all-purpose" watch.
- Preowned Rolex Ceramic No Date Submariner 114060 (~$5-6k) AND a preowned Omega Speedmaster Professional Moonwatch (~$3k). I love the clean look of the no date sub and the Speedmaster is obviously a classic. Adding these two watches would create a really nice four-piece collection with a good balance of color, functionality, and automatic v. manual wind.
Thoughts? Which option do you prefer? Any other combo I should consider?