advice needed please: chrono in the 2k-3k range

Thread: advice needed please: chrono in the 2k-3k range

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

advice needed please: chrono in the 2k-3k range

Hi all,

I'm thinking of getting a chrono and ran into the usual question of which one

I already own TAG's non-chrono carrera (http://www.tagheuer.com/the-collecti...=WV2115.FC6182 with the croc strap though) watch, which I love, so I started looking at their tachymetre model and not surprisingly I like it a lot:
    http://www.tagheuer.com/the-collecti...=CV2014.BA0786

Although it's understandable that one will like similar style watches, I'm worried that these two will be too similar...
    So can anyone suggest some alternatives for me to consider? close to what I'm looking but not too close () or perhaps completely different ideas that will make me consider other brands/models I've not noticed before?

I realize this is too vague or general question but any input will be greatly appreciated of course
    Thanks, zurab

Re: advice needed please: chrono in the 2k-3k range

Omega Speedmaster

Quote Originally Posted by biro13 View Post
    Omega Speedmaster
    Boom.
    Currently selling (check sales forum):
    Citizen Nighthawk (Eco-Drive)
    G-Shock GW-9200 Riseman (3147)
    Seiko Kinetic SKA381

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

1000000000% Omega Speedmaster.

My Collection --> Click Here

There are many Variations of the speedmaster:
    Racing:

Professional:

Date:

And Reduced:

My Collection --> Click Here

Temption - Classic Blue

Longines....that super-duper complicated dressy one....

UTS 600M Professional Diver Chrono...

I say throw caution to the wind and drop your hard-earned bones on this bad boy:

It's a bit over your limit in "naked" steel (and a lot over in PVD guise), but it's hand made -- case and all -- by a single German fellow in a limited series of 200, which is practically unheard of these days. As such, I can pretty much guarantee that you won't see on on anyone else's wrist. It's accurate to a fault (the same German guy adjusts the movement to five positions), glows like Chernobyl (he also hand-applies the lume), and is water-resistant to 600M.

True, it ain't exactly versatile, but I say wear what you want when you want. Heck, I'm wearing mine in the office today, and last time I checked, it wasn't "Jeans Friday", if you know what I mean.

Just my $0.02

Regards,
    Adam

PS - However, if the UTS is a bit too over the top, Sinn has a number of chronographs firmly within your price range that are worth a look-see (http://www.watchbuys.com/store/pc/sinnwatches.asp).
    DW-002BM-8, DW-003R-9T, DW-5600BB-1ER, DW-5600GLRZ2, DW-5600GRLZM, DW-5700BE, DW-5700SF2, DW-6900-7BUFF, DW-6900MT-7ER, DW-6900CL-4CR, DW-6900KR-8JR, DW-6900FS, DW-6901UD-3ER, DW-8800AB-9T, DW-9100BJ-2A, G-001BE, GA-110DR-1A, GA-111DR-7A, GA-120BB, GD-X6900AL-2, GD-X6900-7TY2, GD-X6900JC, GD-X6900MNM, GD-X6900MH, GDF-100BB, GLX-150-4DR, GMW-B5000D-1, GMW-B5000TFG-9, GPR-B1000TLC-1JR, GPW-2000, GST-B100D-1A, GST-200RBG, GT-100, GW-5000-1JF, GW-5530C, GW-9400-1ER, GW-9400-3ER, GW-9430EJ-9JR, GW-9400KJ, GW-9401KJ, GWG-1000, GWM-5600TH-1, GWN-Q1000, GXW-56-3JF, GXW-56-4JF, GXW-56BB-1JF

Banned

Speedmasters are so BORING. There's litrerally millions of these things floating around - why wouldn't OP buy a lightly used one at 1/2 the price?

If you got the cash and you want a sporty type chrono, you currently can't do better than a Flight Master at that price range. The 6s37 is an amazing movement, there is a very good in depth technical review out there, I think on SCWF. You should have a read before you purchase anything.

The new Brietling (B01?) chrono looks gorgeous, and seems to be very innovative, but I'm not sure it falls in your price range. I think it's not quite on sale yet, too.

If you're anti-seiko, you could also wait and see what the new ETA chronos (at least one of which sounds very well specced) end up in, and how much they cost.

Quote Originally Posted by jason_recliner View Post
    Speedmasters are so BORING. There's litrerally millions of these things floating around - why wouldn't OP buy a lightly used one at 1/2 the price?

If you got the cash and you want a sporty type chrono, you currently can't do better than a Flight Master at that price range. The 6s37 is an amazing movement, there is a very good in depth technical review out there, I think on SCWF. You should have a read before you purchase anything.

The new Brietling (B01?) chrono looks gorgeous, and seems to be very innovative, but I'm not sure it falls in your price range. I think it's not quite on sale yet, too.

If you're anti-seiko, you could also wait and see what the new ETA chronos (at least one of which sounds very well specced) end up in, and how much they cost.
    The Speedmaster has a loyal following but I tend to agree with you. That watch does nothing for me. The history is the only thing going for it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information