Advice for a Newbie

Thread: Advice for a Newbie

Advice for a Newbie

After spending lots of time reading posts here in WUS, I have started to put together a small collection. I haven't wanted to make a big purchase until I learn a bit more but I've made a couple of smaller ones. If you call Monsters small.

The watch I had been wearing the most until I started to get the bug was my Tag 2000 Quartz. This has been incredibly reliable and comfortable but now I'm getting hooked on bigger automatic watches.

So here's the advice part. Since the Tag has some sentimental value, is there a way to get out the scratches that seem to be everywhere? And beyond sentimental value, is this worth the time, effort and money to get cleaned up? Because if it does clean up, I may need to think of selling, so I can put some money against my next purchase. Any thoughts would be great.

Here are a couple of pictures:

Re: Advice for a Newbie

Take it to a good watchmaker and have them refinish it. Will probably cost $100 or so. Dont sell it if it has sentimental value. Youll probably get far less $$ value for it than its worth to you.

Re: Advice for a Newbie

Thanks for the advice RJ. I'll get the watch cleaned up and see if I can part with it or not.

There are just so many shiny new watches out there that seem to be calling my name.

Thread Information