Advice for Next Purchase

Thread: Advice for Next Purchase

Advice for Next Purchase

Hello everybody. I have been a fan of these forums for quite some time now and have finally decided to quit being lazy and sign up to actually post. Anyway, I am in the market for a new watch and was wondering if anybody has some ideas for me. A few things first: I want the watch to be from a brand that I don't currently own (see my sig below to see my collection), I want something that is in a price range under $400, I prefer metal bracelets but leather is fine if it is black, and I want something that is maybe from a less 'popular' brand, so not really looking for a Citizen, Seiko, or anything like that at the moment. I'm a bit picky, what can I say? Any ideas are welcome, though, and would love any feedback. Thanks!
    "A watch is more than just something that tells time. It's a conversation piece; a thing of beauty that says more about an individual than the clothes they wear or the car they drive. To know that is to know what it's like to be a watch person."

My Collection (at the moment) - Android Dynamic Double Escapement Automatic, Bulova 96A107 Automatic, Bulova Precionist Claremont, Casio Edifice EQS500DB-1A1, Diesel DZ-1493, Festina 16351/4 Tour Chronograph, Fossil FS-4535, Fossil FS-4076 Arkitekt, Fossil FS-4236 Arkitekt Chronograph, Relic ZR77224 Automatic, Relic ZR11853 Automatic

Re: Advice for Next Purchase

Steinhardt?

Hmmm you won't get an ultra exclusive boutique brand at that price point, what's your definition of a "popular brand?" Brands like Victorinox, Tissot, and Hamilton offer a good value at that price point and aren't in your list, but they do make a lot of watches. Less common would be Deep Blue, Marathon, Sea-Gull, and Vostok. The last two don't make very good bracelets, though. Quartz or mechanical?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

My top recommendations: Maratac Pilot, Bernhardt Binnacle, Obris Morgan Explorer

Other options: Smiths Everest, Hager Commando, Sea Gull Dragon King (not personally familiar with the brand/model, but highly recommended by other forum members)
    Momentum M50 (if you don't mind quartz)
    Deep Blue Sun Diver (if you like big watches)
    Consolidation complete! Down from 17 watches to 2 grails + 3 support
    Rolex Seadweller 16600 / ALS Saxonia / Casio Edifice (travel) / Hamilton Intramatic (ultra-thin dress) / Kadloo Match Race (tool)

Look at G. Gerlach's stuff. You have to do some conversion from zlaty to usd, but I paid under $400 for my Otago, shipping included. I don't believe the price range breaks $400 unless you order a metal bracelet or something else extra with a watch.

gerlach.org.pl

The RWD sub seconds is worming its way up my wish list.
    Last edited by NinthSphere; October 21st, 2013 at 11:01.

Hamilton, Tissot, Seagull

pick one :)
    Rolex Submariner 114060
    Rolex Milgauss GV 116400
    Omega Speedmaster Professional Hesalite/Sapphire Sandwich 3572.50
    Omega Seamaster Professional Ceramic 300M
    Officine Panerai Luminor 1950 372P
    Officine Panerai Luminor Base 000M
    Officine Panerai Radiomir Blackseal 380P
    IWC Pilot's MK XVIII "Le Petit Prince" IW327004
    Seagull x WUS Moonphase #7
    Casio G-Shock "Mudman" G-9000
    Swatch Sistem51 "Hodinkee" Vintage 84

Steinhart and Sea-Gull spring to mind. Have a look on the Affordables WRUW threads for ideas.

Thread Information