Voters
14. This poll is closed
  • Omega Seamaster midsize blue dial

3 21.43%
  • Omega Speedmaster FOIS

5 35.71%
  • Tudor Black Bay 58

6 42.86%

Thread: Advice: Omega Seamaster midsize vs Omega speedmaster FOIS vs Tudor black bay 58

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advice: Omega Seamaster midsize vs Omega speedmaster FOIS vs Tudor black bay 58

Hi all, i just registered and this is my first post. I have been watching the videos on Youtube for a long time and gradually get interested in automatic watches. I had a Seiko 5 in college and then sold it. Now i only have one watch, Casio Pro-trek, i used it when i travel, i like all functions of the watch.

Now i started to save $500 every month in hope to buy my first automatic watch at the end of the year for my 30th birthday. Budget is around $3000-$4000. I am a CPA, and have skinny 6 3/4 wrist. I want a Rolex, but spending $8000 for my first watch is too crazy for me, i will slowly get them and enjoy the process.

I am struggling with the following choices, and really appreciate y'all's opinion:

1. Omega Seamaster midsize blue ceramic:
    Pros: brand prestige, 007 history, 36.25 perfect dress/casual for my wrist, ceramic/sapphire upgrades, deep blue color very interesting. cheapest among all choice.
    Cons: may not be as legendary as Omega speedmaster.

2. Omega Speedmaster FOIS
    Pros: brand prestige, most iconic of Omega, 40mm size is ok for me, this may be the only chronograph i need, whereas seamaster will be a repeat if i eventually will buy a sub, but the seamaster blue is iconic as well.
    cons: no date, don't like the brown strap, prefer bracelet, almost $1000 more than seamaster

3. Tudor black bay 58
    Pros: the vintage look is the best of all three
    Cons: I feel Tudor is a tier below Omega in terms of prestige, no date, if i eventually will buy a Sub, seems this is too similar. Price tops budget.

Re: Advice: Omega Seamaster midsize vs Omega speedmaster FOIS vs Tudor black bay 58

For me it would be the BB

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Re: Advice: Omega Seamaster midsize vs Omega speedmaster FOIS vs Tudor black bay 58

Dear new member,

If you see a post is in „awaiting approval“ or „in moderation“ status it doesn‘t make any sense to post a duplicate post. This thread got approved now, the other one deleted. Patience is a virtue.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

If you are eventually getting the sub, go with the Speedmaster.

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    Dear new member,

If you see a post is in „awaiting approval“ or „in moderation“ status it doesn‘t make any sense to post a duplicate post. This thread got approved now, the other one deleted. Patience is a virtue.
    noted, i just didn't see record of my first post. now i know. thanks.

Banned

I would, and did, vote FOIS. They look great on just about any strap, so don't let the stock strap throw you off. I didn't care for it either so I put the buckle on a Bulang instead. Looks good on my 6.75" wrist I think.

Name:  IMG_4156 (Custom).jpg
Views: 271
Size:  189.5 KB

Banned

gotta go with the speedy

mav

Another vote for the Speedmaster FOIS.
    ♛ Rolex | Ω Omega | IWC | Zenith | Tudor | Seiko
    @aguynamedtommy

That Tudor is my favorite watch in the game right now, wish I could pick one of those up. Be great if everyone I know wasn't getting married in the next few months, my disposable income fund has been rent asunder by wedding gifts (checks), bachelor parties, etc.

Speedy. Dont let the strap stop you, these look good with just about anything! Ive had the seamaster, black bay and speedy and only consider the speedy a keeper. Plus have a feeling you will end up with a fair share of divers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information