Advice on Potential Purchase

Thread: Advice on Potential Purchase

Advice on Potential Purchase

Name:  claude bernard.jpg
Views: 1904
Size:  165.1 KB
    I am absolutely in love with this watch. I especially love the 60 second sub-dial, the index markers for the numbers, and the case and face of the watch. I was wondering what the general opinions about Claude Bernard are? This watch is selling for around 400 US$, for a Swiss Made Quartz, which I feel is pricey for a Quartz. (I am partial to automatics!) Is there anything with similar styling keeping it under 1000US$? Or is this a fairly good deal for the money? I am looking for general opinions, advice, and suggestions so feel free to comment! Thanks in advance!

The Official Description
    Complete your sophisticated look with the striking execution and enduring craftsmanship of Claude Bernard. The Classic begins with a round silver-tone case and fixed bezel crafted from high polish finished stainless steel. Completing the sleek 8mm thick build, a textured push and pull crown puts control at your fingertips.
    Set beneath a sapphire crystal, a round dial in your choice of black or silver-tone displays silver-tone stick index markers at all hour positions on the chapter ring. The textured inner dial displays a date window below 12:00 and a seconds subdial above 6:00. Dauphine-style hour and minute hands, and a silver-tone subdial hand find their power from a precise Swiss Made Ronda 6004.B Quartz Movement.
    A handsome crocodile embossed leather strap comes in black with the black dial, or in brown with the silver-tone dial. Tapering from 20mm wide to 18mm wide at the last hole, the strap fits up to approximately an 8-1/4" wrist and secures with a logo etched silver-tone buckle clasp. Keep classic Swiss made style by your side with Claude Bernard.
    Strap: Leather
    Movement: Swiss Made Ronda 6004.B Quartz Movement
    Crystal: Sapphire
    Crown: Push/Pull
    Clasp: Buckle
    Strap Measurements: 9-1/4" L x 20mm W
    Case Measurements: 40.5mm
    Case Thickness: 8mm
    Water Resistance: 5 ATM - 50 meters - 165 feet
    Model Numbers:
    Black: 64005 3 NIN
    Silver-tone: 64005 3 AIN
    Warranty: This watch comes with a 2 year limited warranty provided by Gevril.

Re: Advice on Potential Purchase

You might be able to find a preowned Nomos Orion for a bit more than $1000. While it has numerals, the Stowa Antea has the subdial and the bauhaus style you seem to favor, and it can be had for less than $1000. Either of these would blow away the watch you have identified.
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

Thanks for the suggestions. I am in love with the Nomos watches. I had no idea that my tastes leaned heavily towards Bauhaus. The ideas behind the concept are amazing, function creates form. Love it. Some of the old Bauhaus style buildings are very cool looking as well. Nomos' Zurich model is also quite nice but is a little more costly at 2300 US.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

But all hands are barely visible.

Thread Information