advice on a watch for my wife

Thread: advice on a watch for my wife

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

advice on a watch for my wife

I am getting my wife a watch for xmas. I would like to spend less than 1,000$ on it. However I would like a nice watch. Here are some of the attributes she wants in it. She wants it to have a metal band, be at least 100 meters water resist. Something formal and sporty... With a round face. Can anyone help me with a brand or point me in the right direction. She likes Bulova but I think they are Junk.

Thanks in advance.

Re: advice on a watch for my wife

Swiss Army

There really aren't *that* many +100m womens watches. Seiko may have a few, but I'm guessing that you're looking for something a little more high-end than that. A used Rolex maybe? Tough for under a grand though. What would she think of wearing a mid-size / smaller men's watch? A lot of women like a little extra bling on their wrists - and looking at men's watches opens up a whole lot more options.
    (I'd rather be driving)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by nderwater View Post
    There really aren't *that* many +100m womens watches. Seiko may have a few, but I'm guessing that you're looking for something a little more high-end than that. A used Rolex maybe? Tough for under a grand though. What would she think of wearing a mid-size / smaller men's watch? A lot of women like a little extra bling on their wrists - and looking at men's watches opens up a whole lot more options.
    Gah, too bad this didn't come a little earlier. There was a post over on Timezone advertising a woman's Sinn 456 St I with a pink dial that was being sold at around $650, about half retail. 100M/10ATM, 28mm, sapphire crystal, ETA 2678 mvmt... great looking watch - but it sold about a week ago..

My wife has this Wenger Swiss Army, was about $150, she loves it.
    Battalion III Diver 72338

Blue Dial & Stainless Bracelet

• Ladies
    • Swiss quartz movement
    • Water-resistant to 200m (660 ft.)
    • Unidirectional rotating bezel with luminous marker at zero position
    • Date display
    • Knurled crown
    • Luminous hands and markers
    • Mineral crystal
    • Stainless steel case with screw-down crown and screw-on back ensure water-resistancy
    • 3-link stainless steel bracelet with diver's buckle and safety clasp
    • 3-year limited warranty
    • Swiss Made
    If you want higher end a Tag Heuer Aquaracer steel 300M is less than $900

Later, Gary

We are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors

How about Omega? The 1572.30.00 fits your reqiurments very well. Honestly, while women always say that brand names don't matter we all know better. I really think it is a more attractive watch than the TAG as it dresses up better IMHO.

or the grey dial version 1572.40.00

Constellation Quartz Small

Steel on Steel
    Reference: 1572.40.00/1572.30.00

MOVEMENT
    Caliber: Omega 1456
    Quartz precision movement with rhodium-plated finish
    Power Reserve: 32 months

CRYSTAL
    Domed, scratch-resistant sapphire crystal with anti-reflective treatment inside

CASE & DIAL
    Stainless steel case
    Grey dial/White dial

WATER RESISTANCE
    Down to: 30 meters
    100 feet

size
    Ladies Small
    Case Diameter: 25.5 mm
    MSRP about $1500.00 but you can get 30%off at at least one AD and an even 1/3rd off if you go grey market (but why would you when you can get almost the same price from an AD?)
    Good luck, Don

I bought my wife an Omega Seamaster mid-size automatic. The blue bond style. There is one on the sales forum for $900 right now.
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=98926

She loves it and it looks right on her, not too big, not too small. She doesn't admit it, but I know she likes it when people comment on it, and they do.
    Last edited by caffeinated; November 29th, 2007 at 00:55. Reason: added link

I got my wife the Accutron Belize 26R42. Made by Bulova Company. I don't like them much myself but the watch I got for her looks pretty nice. It was about 500$ out the door. 50 Meters water resist. http://www.bulova.com/brands/accutro...gin=collection

Does anyone have any ecperience with them? I hope I didn't buy junk. However, if I would have spent over 1000$ on a nicer watch I doubt she would have appreciated it enough. Thanks for any imput.

What's wrong with Bulova? I have a Marine Star that I wore almost daily for ten years, and while I've tended to be hard on my watches (nothing I had before it lasted more than about three years), this one's still looking pretty good.

The Accutrons are Swiss made, high-grade watches and are an excellent choice. Another option you could also have considered is Wittnauer, another division of Bulova. Wittnauers are also Swiss made and tend to be their "dressy" line of watches.

Mike

The Collection: Too many to list
    The Wish List: Still too many to list
    The Grail: Bremont ALT1-P (blue dial)

Nothing wrong with Bulova. My wife has one thats almost twenty years old that she still wears, enjoys and loves. She also has a Chopard Happy Diamonds as well and wants an Ebel Brasssilia for Xmas. Given the variety of my watch fund sucking wife I think your good to go. I am sure yours will be quite happy and may you have a GREAT XMAS.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information