Advise Needed: IWC Portofino Automatic Vs Baume & Mercier Clifton Complete Calender
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Advise Needed: IWC Portofino Automatic Vs Baume & Mercier Clifton Complete Calender

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Advise Needed: IWC Portofino Automatic Vs Baume & Mercier Clifton Complete Calender

Hi Everyone. I am new to this forum and need some advise.

I am looking for a dress watch and I have a budget around $4-4.5k. I have narrowed the selection down to the 2 watches and need some opinions.

Re: Advise Needed: IWC Portofino Automatic Vs Baume & Mercier Clifton Complete Calender

As always, I go with the one that sings more to me personally, as any watch north of 1k is more an emotional than functional purchase. IWC tends to be more popular than B&M on the forum, and the Portofino is definitely a traditional dress watch to a tee, and would be the more conservative/proper choice. That B&M looks much better to me though, love the moon phase aspect on it. It has more personality. Everyone has their own opinion but I couldn't help but to think I could find a quality automatic very similar to the Portofino well under 1k. The IWC will probably have better resale value but I do not care about resale value.

Also, welcome to the forum and, in the future, always post pictures.

Re: Advise Needed: IWC Portofino Automatic Vs Baume & Mercier Clifton Complete Calender

I am not an IWC fan but here it is more pleasing to my eyes.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I don't think your gonna find many BnM fans here. Although I like some of their dress pieces IWC is on a different level.
    -JP

I'm not seeing any pictures...Must be my computer....
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

Quote Originally Posted by Greek Trojan View Post
    As always, I go with the one that sings more to me personally, as any watch north of 1k is more an emotional than functional purchase. IWC tends to be more popular than B&M on the forum, and the Portofino is definitely a traditional dress watch to a tee, and would be the more conservative/proper choice. That B&M looks much better to me though, love the moon phase aspect on it. It has more personality. Everyone has their own opinion but I couldn't help but to think I could find a quality automatic very similar to the Portofino well under 1k. The IWC will probably have better resale value but I do not care about resale value.

Also, welcome to the forum and, in the future, always post pictures.
    +1

Saw the B&M a couple of weeks ago, ...top of my wishlist...

They are both nice watches.. but I'd get the Portofino on mesh bracelet.

OP, welcome to the forum! We need pics. As some have alluded to IWC is considered a tier above B&M, but that shouldn't be the deciding factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Shane94116 View Post
    OP, welcome to the forum! We need pics.
    If you want something done right...

Quote Originally Posted by Shane94116 View Post
    As some have alluded to IWC is considered a tier above B&M, but that shouldn't be the deciding factor.
    2 tiers, isn't it?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information