Advise for a new collector...
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Advise for a new collector...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advise for a new collector...

Dear all,
    thank you for looking at my post. For many years, I had a watch that produced by a company that I worked for and now that watch is faulty and thus I innocently started looking for a new watch. Thus I came across this forum. I ended up purchasing a Citizen eco-drive with a perpetual calendar. I am very happy with it but then I came across this concept of 'beater'... it very much intrigued me. Thus I purchased a Seiko Titanium quartz specifically for that purpose. After browsing this site however, I realised that most people deal with automatic mechanical watches... and find myself very much intrigued once more. This issue is however, that there are so many watch manufacturers and models. The slope is slippery and rather than get loads of watches, I would rather have a small awesome set that I can wear regularly, as I feel if continue as I am, I will need to see a specialized therapist and a bank manager . I am not really deserving of an Omega or such level of watch manufacturers until I am considerably older but am interested in something like an SKX007 or something in similar price range. I want to get the best for my money but I also want one that is reliable and not so common. I humbly ask for your expert advise... pictures of watches would be great.
    Thank you for your time
    alphaCentauri

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Re: Advise for a new collector...

I take it that you are looking for an uncommon, entry level, automatic watch that won't break the bank. Try Orient. They have there own forum here - there are a ton of owners and the brand in very highly regarded and reasonably priced. The Mako is a very popular model.

Blue Mako

Orange Mako

Semi Skeleton
    CitizenM likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Mike,
    thank you for the link. I do love the watch, its just that I see it so often and would like something more unique. Will get one at some point thou. Thanks

Thank you. I will check out the brand.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaCentauri View Post
    Thank you. I will check out the brand.
    No prob. They also put out a model that looks similar to the Omega, which is a brand you said you are undeserving of. Maybe this interests you:
    Last edited by Duder; December 11th, 2011 at 18:39.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaCentauri View Post
    Mike,
    thank you for the link. I do love the watch, its just that I see it so often and would like something more unique. Will get one at some point thou. Thanks
    Welcome to the forum! Just remember that what is common here will likely never be spotted "in the wild". If you like the 007 then get one. I have yet to see someone else wearing one here.
    Cheers,
    Mike

Traser, Aquadive, & Dive Watch Forum Moderator arutlosjr11's Avatar

Skx007

"My GREATEST FEAR is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my watches for what I told her I paid for them."

Ariel S. -

Re: Skx007

Quote Originally Posted by arutlosjr11 View Post
    Its so beautiful... wonder if they make one with black coating rather than stainless steel, that would look amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Duder View Post
    No prob. They also put out a model that looks similar to the Omega, which is a brand you said you are undeserving of. Maybe this interests you:
    Thank you, it looks amazing. Is there a preferred site on the net that people here shop at?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information