Advise requested on issue with online order from watch store.
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Advise requested on issue with online order from watch store.

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Advise requested on issue with online order from watch store.

Apologies if this is in the wrong section of the board, could not find a more appropriate section.

I am residing in Belgium and ordered an Omega Planet Ocean from a watch store in Italy through Chrono24 (I'll name the store if it's requested). I paid on 15/12/2014. After not hearing a thing for a few days, I asked about the status of the order. They replied it was send, didn't receive a tracking number or anything.

Since then, no watch has shown up. I paid 120€ for 3-day insured shipping. I think that after 18 days it should have been here already. I asked for several times about a tracking number and more information, either answered with "Ok. I will verified the position tomorrow morning." or unanswered. Still have no tracking number or more information.

The seller is a trusted seller on Chrono24 and has a physical store so I am not assuming this is a scam, but I'm still highly worried about this. I've gathered that these clowns have the worst customer service ever, but what are the steps that I can take here?

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Re: Advise requested on issue with online order from watch store.

What carrier did the shop use. Poste Italiana is a mess.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

According to their website they ship with "Ferrari Group". Never heard of them, but they have a website (http://www.ferrarigroup.net/) so I assume it exists :)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

How did you make payment? Credit card? PayPal? Why hasn't seller provided you with tracking number? INSIST ON IT!!! I haven't looked, but can you not pursue this thru Chrono24? Have you looked the seller's address up on Google Map & gotten a street view of the store? Is there a Better Business Bureau or similar organization that you can check with regarding the seller? And ... lastly ... is the seller still offering the watch for sale on his store site &/or Chrono24? Time's awasting (no pun intended) so jump on it! Good luck.

Paid by bank transfer. Google maps isn't always up to date with their pictures. I just received a reply (after I indeed threatened to report it to the authorities, whoever that may be in this case).

Suit yourself. Certain that the threats are not the best way. however, your
    package is ready and will be sent tomorrow.

I don't even... They clearly said it was shipped on 20 December, and now they still need to ship it out? I'm not quite sure if this is allowed but I'm going to name the seller to prevent others of having to go through the same ordeal. How do these jokers become trusted dealers? Virtuoso - Welcome to the homepage of Virtuoso - Chrono24.com

And yes, I asked questions before ordering. They told me it was in stock and ready to ship.

Chrono24 should indeed protect you against anything if it happens. It's a shame you bank transferred as a credit card or PayPal would also open a case in your favor.

Heckle them for a tracking number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ouch. Never ever do a wire transfer. I hope it's not a scam and you get the watch soon.
    Deledda and playsguitars like this.

Lesson learned!

I would cancel the order right away and ask them for a full refund. Do not trust them further. Talk to your bank if need be to ask for a cancellation of payment.

The nerve of these people...what planet do they live on? Clearly not the planet of civilised people.
    JDM FTW

My 2 ultimate grails are VFM and TOTC.
    A good read is like medicine for the brain.

Is that your watch/reference # still listed on their site? Read the 'Trusted Seller' description ... doesn't mean much, does it? Get a bunch of friends together to submit reviews ... could be $1.99 items ... could be $5,000 watches. Hopefully these turkeys just have to go get the watch from their usual A/D (legitimately) & send it out. Not much protection in a wire transfer of funds other than a good record of payment & receipt of funds. See how tomorrow goes and get that tracking number. I don't see anywhere on the Ferrari site a means to book a pick-up/delivery ... looks more like a high security courier service (handcuffed to the briefcase) for the high-end jewelry trade. Got any friends with Interpol that can make a phone call for you? If Virtuoso doesn't come thru for you tomorrow, contact Interpol ... nothing ventured ... nothing gained!

Judging by their Facebook page, they'd be a little slow on processing a refund if you took that route. I'm sure you'll finally get the watch and it'll all work out. It's just a bad reflection on Italian vendors.

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information