The agony... three watches
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: The agony... three watches

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

There are currently 3 watches I want... and I can't have them all. Simply beyond my means. I don't know what to say other than posting pics and discussing makes me feel better. Here they are:

Ulysses Nardin Maxi Marine Diver Titanium
    45mm Titanium/Paladium Alloy.... Only negatives of this watch, is it's another diver and it's modified ETA.... but neither of those factors deter me from wanting it... BAD

RGM 801
    43.3mm I'm showing a pic of the movement... because I still haven't decided which dial I would want. But I covet the movement... there may be no other movement on the planet I covet more. Oh and the desire to own a watch by this amazing AMERICAN company.

Panerai PAM00514

47mm
    I can't help but be completely in love with the look of this watch... best of all I think it really steps outside of anything else I currently own. I've been wearing a homage around the last week or so, and I LOVE the way it looks especially on the incredible straps you can play around with.

Roller.959, bacari and RBrylawski like this.

Collection:
    RGM 801A - Montblanc Twinfly Flyback Chronograph -
    Omega AquaTerra GMT - 1972 Heuer Autavia Viceroy - Ball Engineer Master II Diver World Time
    JeanRichard Terrascope - Longines Legend Diver(Date) - Luminox 6250 - Hamilton Intra-Matic(42mm) - Magrette Moana Pacific Professional - Oris XXL Pointer Day

Intagram: @dobowatches

Re: The agony... three watches

You've got a quandary there! Out of the 3 I love the UN as a whole deal, but the movement of the RGM is really something special. Since I'm assuming the RGM will be the response of most, I'm going to make your life difficult and say the UN.
    My Watches: Seiko Orange Monster, Orient cex0r001w, Prometheus Baiji, '84 Seiko 6309-7040, Hamilton Khaki Mechanical Field Officer's 44mm, Hamilton Pan Europ Silver, Longines Hydroconquest 41mm Blue, WUS Russian Forum Vostok 5/6 Commemorative Amphibia, Sterile 6497 Flieger, 1958 Vostok Kama, Vintage Orient King Diver, Vostok Zissou Ministry, Raven Deep Tech Vintage Blue, Rado Diastar Original Diver Blue, Helson Gauge Steel 5-60 dial
    Preordered- Helberg CH6
    "It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door.You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to"

That's a tough one. I'd get the Panny because (a) I'm a fan-boy (b) you've got tons of strap options to mix up the look and (c) it's simplistic design can go with most attire. That being said the UN is spectacular. You may get tired of the look though once the initial wow factor wears off.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Calgary, Canada via Marin County, California

I love the look of the UN (I've wanted one for a long time, myself), but I have to agree with Dienekes in that the "wow factor" of the orange accents might wear off after awhile, and you might find it relegated to the watch box more often than not. I've learned the hard way not to buy watches that catch my eye with 'flash', because it wears off quickly and I find myself going back to the 'classics'.

Not sure about the cost, but can't you work with RGM to get a custom design? If it's in the same ballpark that would be a great way to go.
    Last edited by ljb187; March 25th, 2013 at 05:19.

I'm a geek for movements so if you love the movement of the RGM I'd go wight that.

Quote Originally Posted by ljb187 View Post
    Not sure about the cost, but can't you work with RGM to get a custom design? If it's in the same ballpark that might be a great way to go.
    Ballpark for all three end up approx the same I believe. I do think RGM can work something out for me... and it's definitely compelling...
    Last edited by Doboji; March 25th, 2013 at 05:20.

Collection:
    RGM 801A - Montblanc Twinfly Flyback Chronograph -
    Omega AquaTerra GMT - 1972 Heuer Autavia Viceroy - Ball Engineer Master II Diver World Time
    JeanRichard Terrascope - Longines Legend Diver(Date) - Luminox 6250 - Hamilton Intra-Matic(42mm) - Magrette Moana Pacific Professional - Oris XXL Pointer Day

Intagram: @dobowatches

+1 on the RGM...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

"Digital clocks rob me of all the emotional experience of the spatial relationships on the face of the clock!"
    - George Carlin

WnS

I almost always go for the watch with the most beautiful dial - in this case the UN by far. You look at the dial 99% of the time and things like 3D patterns, vibrant colours and dial detailing can really brighten your day.
    Doboji likes this.
    I'm content with my watch collection

I don't care for the UN and the movement is nothing special. The RGM movement is gorgeous and I love Roland's guilloche work, but it depends which dial you'd be considering. The only thing that appeals to me about Panerai is changing the straps, but I'd rather get a Rolex with lug holes for that purpose. I think the RGM is your best option.
    Collection:
    Vacheron Constantin Overseas
    JLC Deep Sea Chrono
    Breguet Marine Grande Date
    Tudor Black Bay Black
    Omega Speedmaster 3570.50

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information