almost perfect watch....

Thread: almost perfect watch....

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

almost perfect watch....

hey we all concede to the notion that there is no perfect watch, that is why we own so many or maybe that's the lie...err excuse...ahem reason we use to own so many. so with this understanding which piece in your collection comes close to representing your idea of the perfect watch and what is/are the shortcomings preventing it from being perfect. if you feel you own the perfect watch please feel free to participate. i do not wish this post to degenerate into one of those "greatest watch in the world" (echo...echo...) posts so please stick to your collection.

for me the Chopard MM GMT is as close as a watch comes to perfection. the size is 42mm, it's a chronograph, chronometer, displays the date, gmt, and is beautiful to boot. it has a water resistance of 50m and this is it fatal flaw; with a water resistance of 200m this would be the perfect watch!

sorry that my photos are so bad, i will continue to work on it

Enjoying a life far better than I deserve...

beshannon

Re: almost perfect watch....

Of the ones that I own, it would be my Glashutte Sport Evo

Quote Originally Posted by novedl View Post
    Beautiful watch, indeed.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Omega Seamaster is my "perfect" watch. It's refined yet rugged. It has lots of wrist presence, but isn't bulky. It looks good with anything. And it's rare enough to go unnoticed by most, but recognizable enough to be admired in my circles. I'd probably like mine more if it had applied markers and whiter looking lume, but that's a minor quibble (and I still like my old 2541.80 more than the new version).

To me, the only watch that does all this better is the Submariner, which I'd still like to get some day (but then I'd be just another guy with a Sub). Until then, out of my collection, the Omega is my perfect watch.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by beshannon View Post
    Of the ones that I own, it would be my Glashutte Sport Evo

Yum yum!

Banned

My Zenith is almost there for me.

Flaws:

-No lume pip on the bezel, the only lume on the whole watch is on the tips of the hands.

-The 30 on the bezel is facing the opposite direction of the other numbers.

-Lack of fine adjustment on the bracelet.

Otherwise, it rocks my socks off.

Banned

Okay, that's 4 awesome sport watches so far. I'm a dress watch kinda guy, so I have one modern and one vintage near-perfect watch.

The first is this one - a Malte Grande Classique. The only thing that could possible be better is the subdial. It's nice, but something just a hair fancier in design would have been better suited to the presentation. Still, a 9.8 on my 1 - 10 scale.

The vintage one is this 1960 Longines Conquest. It is a dazzling dial, and is very symmetrical with the date at 12. The problem is the bubbled caseback makes it stick up just a tad higher than I'd like it. Granted, this is nitpicking but that's what this thread is about, right?

Two watches perfect for their intended uses.

Steven
    Florida, USA

Sinn 103 St Sa LE
    Sinn 757 UTC
    Sinn U1
    Sinn 6100 Regulatuer
    IWC Aquatimer
    NOMOS Tangomat Datum
    Stowa Marine Original, 80th anniversary LE
    Stowa Seatime
    Doxa SUB750T Military Sharkhunter PVD
    Zinex Trimix GMT PVD LE Black Pirate
    Ocean 7 LM-2 GMT SE PVD
    Bathys Aquaculture MOP PVD
    Tissot TXL
    Seiko Kinetic Sportura SNL029P1 PVD
    Seiko Chronograph Sports 150
    Citizens Eco-Drive Calibre 8700 BL8000-03A
    Citizens Eco-Drive Largo Perpetual Calendar
    TX 730 w/ FlyBack Chrono
    Poljot Sturmanske Chrono
    Aristo Apucto HP6
    Casio ToughSolar ProTrek Titanium
    Various G's

Man, I love that Longines up there! Wow! My sort of thing. Well, I have to admit, I can't find one that really does it for me. It's sad. There is something really missing in each one of them. The Rolex is too small and invisible to everyone - I like people to notice my watch because I like to talk about them. How bad is it when you notice someone's watch and talk about it while they don't even notice your own! Ouch!! Plus, the Rolex has the damn date bubble and I hate that.

The Rado has a cool style, but no hacking and no easy date set. Can't stand a watch with no ability to stop the fricking second hand!

The vintage watches don't have good water protection. And, almost NO watch has real good lume that blows my mind - a necessity when you need it.

It sort of leaves this:

BUT it is sort of uncomfortable. The leather band it came with was not that great. The rubber I got for it is really uncomfortable. And the dial sort of confuses my small brain. Every time I look at this dial my brain has to spend two extra calories figuring out the time since we are looking at minutes instead of hours. Bugs me. And why isn't the crown black like the rest of the watch??? What's up?

God, does someone have something out there to suit me? I've been looking at a vintage Omega Constellation with 14k gold trim. Super clean. But, no lume etc.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information