AlphaTime Sawfish multiple purchase idea to forum members

Thread: AlphaTime Sawfish multiple purchase idea to forum members

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned

AlphaTime Sawfish multiple purchase idea to forum members

I've been following this watch and forum for a long time and upon reading some posts made by ithers it appears thatwe could save signifigantly if we purchase this watch it bulk. Well,..lets not say bulk but what about 10-20 pieces at once?

If people can save 100-200 for ordering 2 watches..the saving must be much more the more we order.

There might be a way that if we order "x" amount of these things that each powner can have them for half the cost if they were to buy them alone....

I for one would jump at one for 550..and I'm sure we could line up 10-20 buyers very quickly at this price.....And we can let an admin handle the monies and distribution..

I really think everyone would gain from something like this..And after seeing that re-mod like the tudor...I'm creaming to do something like that...

what do you think....

Re: AlphaTime Sawfish multiple purchase idea to forum members

Quote Originally Posted by fig enterprises View Post
    If people can save 100-200 for ordering 2 watches..the saving must be much more the more we order.

There might be a way that if we order "x" amount of these things that each powner can have them for half the cost if they were to buy them alone....

I for one would jump at one for 550..and I'm sure we could line up 10-20 buyers very quickly at this price.....And we can let an admin handle the monies and distribution.
    I think you are being a tad optimistic.

If they sell 3 watches for around $3300 ($1100 ea.) why would they sell 10 for $5500 ($550 ea.).

With the overall shortage of movements available to smaller watch companies, I would guess the overall incentive to sell in bulk at large discounts would be very low.

Banned

well,..

550 may be a a little optimistic like you say, but I believe I read a post of the savings for as I said in my 1st post for a couple.

It's only safe to assume that the more you buy the better the deal u will get because of the $$$ you will be throwing at them as once..

scoffing and rolling ur eyes my idea doesn't help..what does help is having 20 people lined up saying they'll pay 6 bills to get one of these delivered new to them new

You can't get anything in this world w/o asking for it. And that includes discounts and upgrades...

Alpha Watches isn't Rolex....and if they had a check for over 10K lined up for a couple of handfuls of the sawfish it's something I would believe they would consider..A simple volume purchase means savings...period

lets be a little pro-active and get past the 1st phase before being negative...

The first phase is getting enough people saying they'll buy one at 6 bills...And then we will implement the strategy and the amount of the purchase order in a negotiation session w/ Alpha where 1 person would communicate w/ them

I would pay 600.oo in a heartbeat for one new. And we just need to get nineteen other people to say so.
    Last edited by fig enterprises; June 4th, 2007 at 21:46.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have always been interested in that model, and have heard of the "buying" discount available... but I can't get over the red bezel and the dial with the fish... If those 2 things were different... it would be an awesome piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Crue4 View Post
    I have always been interested in that model, and have heard of the "buying" discount available... but I can't get over the red bezel and the dial with the fish... If those 2 things were different... it would be an awesome piece.
    I am very interested in doing a group buy. I think 50% off might be a tad optimistic, but getting some money off seems reasonable.
    The watch is also available with a black bezel, which is how I would order mine. I might be wrong, but I think a watchmaker could remove the fish logo for you too.

I'm in if something can be arranged at a good savings.
    "Time is the school in which we learn. Time is the fire in which we burn."

Quote Originally Posted by fig enterprises View Post
    well,..

550 may be a a little optimistic like you say, but I believe I read a post of the savings for as I said in my 1st post for a couple.

It's only safe to assume that the more you buy the better the deal u will get because of the $$$ you will be throwing at them as once..

scoffing and rolling ur eyes my idea doesn't help..what does help is having 20 people lined up saying they'll pay 6 bills to get one of these delivered new to them new

You can't get anything in this world w/o asking for it. And that includes discounts and upgrades...

Alpha Watches isn't Rolex....and if they had a check for over 10K lined up for a couple of handfuls of the sawfish it's something I would believe they would consider..A simple volume purchase means savings...period

lets be a little pro-active and get past the 1st phase before being negative...

The first phase is getting enough people saying they'll buy one at 6 bills...And then we will implement the strategy and the amount of the purchase order in a negotiation session w/ Alpha where 1 person would communicate w/ them

I would pay 600.oo in a heartbeat for one new. And we just need to get nineteen other people to say so.
    There is a difference between being negative and being realistic. I am sure we could round up 200 people that would be willing to pay $300 for one. More people, the higher the discount, right?

I think asking any watch company for a 55% discount off of MSRP because you have 10 or 20 people wanting to buy is not realistic. In fact, I would say a manufacture might consider the offer insulting.

It sounds, from previous posts, like they give 8% off, for 2 or more watches. You should have no problem finding 20 people willing to buy at $550. But when Alpha comes back with an offer of let say 20% off (slightly more realistic), do you think you will have those same 20 people willing to buy then or will you be back to square one.

stuffler,mike

First of all - before joining (phase II) - I´d like to now what AlphaTime says (phase I) So the very first step would be to ask them: What´s the discount if we take 5, 10, 20, 50, 100 watches ? If this point is cleared you could move on. Asking to join before you got any positive sign from AlphaTime is a bit rash. First things first.

redstart

Quote Originally Posted by Crue4 View Post

I have seen at least one customized Sawfish with a substitute black dial without the sawfish emblem. Just can't remember the company website.

I quite like a red bezel with a plainer dial.

redstart

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    First of all - before joining (phase II) - I´d like to now what AlphaTime says (phase I) So the very first step would be to ask them: What´s the discount if we take 5, 10, 20, 50, 100 watches ? If this point is cleared you could move on. Asking to join before you got any positive sign from AlphaTime is a bit rash. First things first.
    I think one might usefully ask about warranties as well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information