Am I crazy for turning down a Rolex Explorer ll from my local AD
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Am I crazy for turning down a Rolex Explorer ll from my local AD

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Am I crazy for turning down a Rolex Explorer ll from my local AD

I just got a call this morning from a local AD I have done business with. He called to let me know he just got in a Rolex Explorer ll last night. He wanted to know if I wanted to buy it, it was mine.
    I asked witch one it was. He told me it was a black dial not the white polar Explorer. I thanked him and told him I was looking for the Polar dial.
    Was that crazy? I want the white dial but now I feel like I may have made a mistake due to how difficult certain Rolex's are to get.
    I know in the end I should not compromise just to get an Explorer ll but man how many people get THE CALL. Well almost .

Re: Am I crazy for turning down a Rolex Explorer ll from my local AD

I get what you're saying, but if you want the white dial, getting the black dial doesn't make much sense. I suppose you could flip the black dial in the future when/if the call for the white dial comes in.

Still, for me, I don't need that kind of stress in my life. I think you made the right choice....maybe.
    gossler and 71 TRUCK like this.

Simple:
    If you wanted it - Yes
    If you didn't want it - No

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Not crazy at all. You sir are a smart consumer. Do you know how many knuckleheads would have bought a watch they don't want under similar circumstances?

I would say you were crazy if you DID buy it, why would you spend thousands of dollars on a watch you don’t even want?
    71 TRUCK likes this.

Nope, you made the right call.

Your patience will be rewarded.
    71 TRUCK likes this.
    Well, I was standing on a corner in Winslow, AZ and Clara Oswald slowed down to take a look at me and my GS Tiffany SnowflakeTM...

Unless you were planning on flipping it for a slight profit the moment you received it, it seems pointless to buy a watch you don't really like.
    gossler and 71 TRUCK like this.

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay, Black Bay GMT.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Ming 17.06; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

Quote Originally Posted by TaxMan View Post
    Not crazy at all. You sir are a smart consumer. Do you know how many knuckleheads would have bought a watch they don't want under similar circumstances?
    You chose well. I once bought a Seadweller offered to me by the AD, only to find out that it was indeed too big and heavy for me, just as I suspected, and did not replace my Sub for daily use. I flipped it for minimal profit. I wish I had not bought it in the first place. Lesson learned: buy only what you really like, and wait for the right one.
    71 TRUCK likes this.

I also think you made the right decision. Your AD will also know that you are interested in a watch and not just the possibility of flipping for a short-term profit. Patience.

LOoOser in the brotherhood
    71 TRUCK likes this.

Among the steel sport Rolex models the Exp.2 is the easiest to obtain so there's no point in compromising on what you want.
    71 TRUCK, oztech and ataripower like this.
    Bulova> 96A225. Casio> 5600E. Damasko> DS30. GrandSeiko> SBGH205. Rolex> 116500LN, 16710, 214270. Seiko> SARB017, SARB033, SARG007, SBDX017, SLA017, SRP777.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information