Am I Getting Scammed?
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Am I Getting Scammed?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Am I Getting Scammed?

Hey all, I’ve been looking for a Seamaster 300 Pro Ceramic for a couple weeks now. I was about to pull the trigger on a used one (2016), when I came across a great deal on Watch Recon

A 2018 SMPc in mint condition for 1600 Euro, or about 1800 USD

I’ve emailed a couple times and got fairly quick responses from a guy named William Stewart. Seems like a proper English name, but his responses were broken English.

I asked about PayPal payment and mentioned my references on the forums but he just insisted bank wire transfer only. Here is a quote from an email:

“Yes I bought it at autorized dealer of Omega in 2018. I can accept your offer in $1840 with shipping charge. Payment must be made by bank wire transfer. Please send me full shipping address with phone number and I will send invoice to you.”

Another quote:

“Here is your invoice. Note you need to make payment exact like in invoice and don`t forget filling reference field. I prefer DHL but I can use FedEx”

I asked for his address which is part of the requirements for a wire transfer and he sent me some generic office building address in London with no name. The recipient name he told me to use in the transfer is just “PFS” whatever that means.

Anyway, sorry for the long post, I just don’t want to blow $1800 tomorrow. Wondering if anyone’s experienced something like this.

By the way, the listing I saw was on a watch site called Chronocentric. I’ve now done some research and see that others have been scammed by adds on this site.

Thanks guys!

That price sounds way too good to be true, I'd be very very careful.

Re: Am I Getting Scammed?

You very likely are. Sounds like you know this already, though!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yes, it is a scam.

If you have to ask.... you probably are.

Run, don't walk, away from that. Has 2 huge warning flags:

-Price is way below market value
    -Seller insists on a payment method with zero buyer protection
    Time4Playnow and 4jamie like this.