Am I missing something?
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Am I missing something?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Am I missing something?

Payment is by cleared wire, and I do not accept paypal so please dont ask, shipping will be by EMS and will be extra ( 50 USD mormally does it ) . I wont ship to some countries so if I say so please dont push the issue . Most are ok but a few outside of the EU are off limits and one inside the EU .

I am more than aware of the scammers that exist so I would ask nicely not to try .. IT WONT WORK . Its a great watch and a good price a nice clean deal works for me as it should for everyone . Lowball and stupid offers will be ignored .

This is from a watch currrently for sale.

I'll take 2!
    *****CHECK FEEDBACK HERE***** search :vpcmotorsport

Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you'll be a mile from them, and you'll have their shoes.

Re: Am I missing something?

Yes, it says I really want to keep this watch.
    Formerguide likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Brisman View Post
    Ha ha no kidding!

Wow. Thats insane.

Sent via Tapatalk

(Dedicated to the pink tiger stripe and the man behind it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Brisman View Post
    Exactly. Was the part where he said "my wife is making me sell it" left out of the quote?
    Cheers,
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by por44 View Post
    Payment is by cleared wire, and I do not accept paypal so please dont ask, shipping will be by EMS and will be extra ( 50 USD mormally does it ) . I wont ship to some countries so if I say so please dont push the issue . Most are ok but a few outside of the EU are off limits and one inside the EU .

I am more than aware of the scammers that exist so I would ask nicely not to try .. IT WONT WORK . Its a great watch and a good price a nice clean deal works for me as it should for everyone . Lowball and stupid offers will be ignored .

This is from a watch currrently for sale.
    Given the amount of scams you receive when you have a watch for sale on e.g. Marktplaats, i can fully understand this post.

And since insurance and T&T outside the EU are very limited, I can also understand that a seller wouldn't want to sell outside of Europe.

The tone alone is a putoff. The guy seems to be laying out his terms to his own detriment, like he's taking all the risks and we should appreciate his diligence. Don't ask. Don't worry. I won't.
    Rolex DeepSea Sea-Dweller | Eterna Super KonTiki 1973 Limited Edition

Posts like that scream "Stay away. For the sweet love of your $anity, $tay away."

Unless someone had an absolute stellar reputation and hundreds of happy customers, I wouldn't use a bank wire to make payment. Avoiding PayPal means avoiding, among other things, potential recourse for a buyer, should a deal be less than advertised.

Some people just don't "get it", when it comes to selling here. There are more than a few FS listings being bumped, for weeks and weeks, that have a similar tone.

IMO, posts constructed like that are doing educated buyers a favor.

In my life of on-line buying (lots of it) I've only been scammed a couple of times; when I was "new". The worst was a "wire transfer". I will never do a wire to an unknown again; the only way I'd even consider that would be through an escrow service. I could take the tone two ways; one he got burned bad and charged back or he is looking to burn bad and have no recourse from the buyer. Either way; as said above, it screams STAY AWAY.
    The best method is PayPal, for you have recourse as a buyer or seller. And, if using a Credit Card w/PayPal that's even better.
    Sellers are quick to resolve Credit Card sales issues as a small amount disputed can ruin them; buyers also better have a good case or they will not like the outcome.,
    Bottom Line: this seller has some hidden issues and why buy without security when hard earned money is involved.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information