am I protected using paypal?

Thread: am I protected using paypal?

am I protected using paypal?

I found a used campanola for $2500
    the seller accepts paypal he has about 30 post on that forum.
    If I pay using paypal and he doesnt send the watch am I just screwed?

Re: am I protected using paypal?

Hi there.

As long as you pay via PayPal using your credit card you are fine. If you use existing funds you could be left vulnerable. If you use the credit card on your PayPal account as the source of funds you can cancel the payment with your CC company if the seller does not send you the goods. He will then be asked to prove two things:

1. He sent the goods
    2. You received them and signed for them

If he cannot prove the above you will be refunded by your credit company.

get some good references and check them. paypal can protect you up to 2000.00 on ebay, but doing a private sale voids this policy. This works both ways. a seller could take your money and not send the watch, plus freeze his account. paypal can't help you with that. you could cancel payment after its shipped and screw him over. I'm not saying this could be the outcome, but it does happen. I do business with people I know and trust. thats alot of coin to drop, so research this guy.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I always use PayPal just for the convenience, but that's a big chunk to pay without doing a bit of additional "background" checking.

(Whatever happened to "escrow"? I sold quite a few high-dollar items on eBay early on and that was the safest way to do it.)

Please double check this info with your credit card company. I called my credit card company before buying a notebook off ebay, they told me that their transaction is between you and paypal, so you would have to have a problem with paypal in order to stop the payment. Paypal's transaction between them and the seller does not involve your credit card company and therefore they (your credit card company) can not protect you from the seller. Call your CC and see what they say.

If I remember correctly, Paypal offers a buyer's line of credit that offers more security to buyer's but I really don't remember up to what dollar value it covers and what the rules are

Basically you need to have some confidence in the seller before shelling out this kind of money. If he screws you it will be a load of hassle trying to get your money back and he's hardly likely to make it easy for you. Personally I wouldn't risk it.
    Omega Speedmaster Pro X-33
    Omega Speedmaster Professional
    Omega Speedmaster Date Automatic
    Girard-Perregaux Traveller II
    Glycine Airman 18
    Sturmanskie 3133
    Oris WF1
    Casio G-Shock GW-M5600BC-1ER

"I started off with nothing and I've still got most of it left"

Thread Information