Amazon disparity?

Thread: Amazon disparity?

Question Amazon disparity?

Was looking to get a everyday wearer that is extremely durable. Found a few G-shocks and Luminox that I liked but a huge difference in prices among retailers on amazon. Why is the same watch 30-50% different in price among some retailers on amazon? Am I signing up to get ripped off if I get the same watch from the one or two retailers that are that much cheaper?
    " I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine" - EV

Inactive

Re: Amazon disparity?

Do your due research on the retailer/vendor and the product's usual market price elsewhere, there are retailers all over the internet willing to wait and snare some unsuspecting buyer with a totally inflated price.
    Just do your research :)

You've only seen +50% , you've not been looking in the wrong places yet lol

You're covered to some extent via amazon's customer services anyway.

Take a look at one of my favourites:
    Page 1 of the vendors for this item >> http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...t=price&sr=8-1

Page 11 >> (scroll down to the last one on that page)
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...startIndex=100
    Last edited by watchma; October 30th, 2013 at 20:06.

Holy *** Watchma, does the price really vary that much or am I misunderstanding Amazon?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Inactive

You tell me!, that particular high/low example's been like that for at least a year (cos I buy it regularly for family)

I could find you others pretty quickly though , I have not a single clue what is going on as they creep out of 'sort of understandable chancing it' levels

They buy at such volume that they almost always have the lowest prices within their vendor network for a particular item. And their return policy works pretty well in case of any issues.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Nokie View Post
    They buy at such volume that they almost always have the lowest prices within their vendor network for a particular item. And their return policy works pretty well in case of any issues.
    Nokie, (I think) he's talking about vendors via amazon that apparently are beating amazon's price - or it's a watch that amazon just aren't participating in selling (happens sometimes), either that or amazon have temp sold out and the other vendor's have risen up the list being the cheapest.

Banned

i know amazon has consumer protection, but i rather spend a few more bucks to buy directly from Amazon... unless the other seller is a well established seller that happens to have a lower price than amazon... i usually don't buy from the unknowns (usually known collectively as the "Marketplace").

Thread Information