American Top Gear - What is Tanner wearing?
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: American Top Gear - What is Tanner wearing?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

American Top Gear - What is Tanner wearing?

Hey guys, apologies for no screencap, but did anyone catch what watch Tanner Foust has been wearing on this show?

Eh, nevermind, I do have a picture:
    TAG Heuer Monaco LE|Omega Speedmaster|Seamaster 300MC|Rolex Submariner|Tudor Ranger

How did it get so late so soon?

Re: American Top Gear - What is Tanner wearing?

No idea about the watch but hopefully he is wearing a tree he wraps one of those cars around soon. That show is an abortion and a smack in the face to the original and all those who watch it.

Sorry, rant over.
    wardog likes this.

Continuing the hijack briefly...

Agree. The American Top Gear is a disaster so far. They've missed what makes the British show so good: interesting and opinionated personalities who have great chemistry. The hosts of the American version are... boring and the cinematography is uninspired. It's a shame.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.
    wardog likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by natron20 View Post
    No idea about the watch but hopefully he is wearing a tree he wraps one of those cars around soon. That show is an abortion and a smack in the face to the original and all those who watch it.

Sorry, rant over.
    They're getting better. But Rutledge needs to go. At least it's better than the Australian Top Gear.
    TAG Heuer Monaco LE|Omega Speedmaster|Seamaster 300MC|Rolex Submariner|Tudor Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    At least it's better than the Australian Top Gear.
    Understatement of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Hughes View Post
    Agree. The American Top Gear is a disaster so far. They've missed what makes the British show so good: interesting and opinionated personalities who have great chemistry. The hosts of the American version are... boring and the cinematography is uninspired. It's a shame.
    Every Brit (and nearly every American) has made this identical argument.

I urge you all to re-watch the first season of "new" Top Gear. Do you all remember Jason Dawes? The buying advice that no one paid attention to? The audience composed of about 12 people?

The relationship between the presenters and the eccentric personalities (except for Clarkson's) have been cultivated over the past 15 series. Give it some time. I think Tanner has potential but I'm not sure about the other two. Hopefully they'll be replaced with Jay Leno and Arnold Schwarzenegger...
    Last edited by AndrewSo; December 28th, 2010 at 17:44.
    "...[A] watch isn’t about telling the time, it is about your relationship with time. A watch is about style, a story and the history of both your watch and your own life."
    -Askmen.com's The Watch Snob

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewSo View Post

I urge you all to re-watch the first season of "new" Top Gear. Do you all remember Jason Dawes? The buying advice that no one paid attention to? The audience composed of about 12 people?

The relationship between the presenters and the eccentric personalities (except for Clarkson's) have been cultivated over the past 15 series. Give it some time. I think Tanner has potential but I'm sure about the other two. Hopefully they'll be replaced with Jay Leno and Arnold Schwarzenegger...

Ferrara has gotten better in the first six episodes. Rutledge needs to go, but truth be told, I wouldn't care either way if US Top Gear got canceled altogether. As long as I still have the real thing.

No ideas on the watch?

Sure. That's a point well taken. To be fair, I haven't stopped watching the American Top Gear for the exact reasons you articulate below. I do in fact remember the early episodes of the Clarkson era Top Gear and they really did suck. The problem here is that the show is expensive to produce and History Channel probably doesn't have the ready cash to float the show until it gets better... if it ever does. I fully expect it to get canceled after the first season.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewSo View Post

The relationship between the presenters and the eccentric personalities (except for Clarkson's) have been cultivated over the past 15 series. Give it some time. I think Tanner has potential but I'm sure about the other two. Hopefully they'll be replaced with Jay Leno and Arnold Schwarzenegger...

Agreed with all the stated above... however, back to the OP's question:

Does anyone know what kind of watch he's wearing?

I think its a DB2010.

This show is just one long cringe after another. The guys suck. Why would they hire a guy for a car show who does not even know how to "lay wheels" or "lay a patch" or whatever you call it. I saw one episode on "drifting" where one of the drivers could not mkae the wheels spin. Pathetic.

It makes me ashamed to be an American (almost) especially because the UK version is so damn good. Rememebr the old "Motor Trend" tv show? Ugh. It reminds me of that. Lame. But with hipsters.
    wardog likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information