WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Another SKX question - uneven bezel gap?

4K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  sticky 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

I have yet another question concerning my SKX. As you can tell, the gap between the bezel and the watch case isn't quite even all the way around the bezel, with one side having ever so slightly more play to it than the other. The bezel is otherwise working flawlessly and the gap difference is barely noticeable but I was just wondering if this is something to be expected with SKXs. As stated in my previous post, I'm a nitpicking OCD freak so please bear with me. [emoji28] Thanks in advance for any info!

Sent from my LG-H500 using Tapatalk

#9 ·
I'm a nitpicking OCD freak
Yes, you are. Seiko isn't known for extremely tight tolerances, even on their higher end products. With that being said, having looked at your photos, I have absolutely no idea what you're complaining about.

#12 ·
Thank you all for taking the time to reply, I really appreciate it. :-! I suppose I am blowing this a bit out of proportion since it is a relatively cheap diver's watch after all. At the end of the day, if such a gap difference is a commonplace with SKXs then I'm all good.

#15 ·
Dude, those kinds of gaps (and the potential differences side-to-side) between case and bezel are common in all watches retailing below a grand. Some watches may end up having no gaps at all, but then it's more luck-of-the-draw, not an expectation of a tighter tolerance.

From what I can see in your pics, the bezel is entirely within normal bounds for non-GrandSeiko level Seiko watch. Seen similar on a bunch of other watches (tempest, steinhart, lew&huey...)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.