Another strap option question >>

Thread: Another strap option question >>

Another strap option question >>

So, I got this bad boy. This is just one awesome watch and I'd like to wear it more than on the weekends. The NATO or Zulu will not fit into my office environment. The bracelet is great but it doesn't quite take to my narrow wrist. As such, I need some suggestions/options for strap that would do this Kobold proud and yet fit into the office.

Kindest regards
    Michael

Re: Another strap option question >>

I think the only way to know for sure is for you to send the watch to me for a few weeks and I will try out a host of straps on it, send you pictures, and offer feedback for how they fit in various situations. How does that sound?

If you don't like that option, I would suggest either a black croc skin, will be very dressy on the watch..or a black calf skin with white stitching. The latter will give you still a sport look, but would dress up the watch quite a bit. However, I know it is all personal taste, but I bet the bracelet looks better on you than you are giving credit for as I have smaller wrists too and I think the bracelets look ok on me.

Real beaut there Clark though on the watch. Quality item.
    Kobold Phantom Semi Tactical
    Kobold Seal
    Kobold Spirit of America
    Swiss Army Nightvision (FS)
    Tag Heuer Aqua sport 2000

Oooh, looks good on that bracelet!

For the office you either need a black gator with white stitching (Di-Modell makes a good one for not too much, and is WR), or a honey brown gator with white stitching. Either would look terrific on that watch.

Additionally, black shark would look excellent as well.

I've got an extra black gator with white stitching--maybe you should send the watch to me so I can install it and see how it works

Cheers,
    Daniel

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Kev

I'm no fashion expert, but I had a similar Kobold watch and loved the way it looked on the bracelet. I wore it to the board room a couple of times. I thought it was very appropriate for the office.

That said, if you are wearing a suit and prefer a strap, Daniel and Jeff's suggestions are good ones.

Beauty of a Kobold! Congrats!

Kev.

I would go for a Kevlar band, like the one I wore on my SOA at my wedding. It is waterproof, not too over the top, comfortable as hell, tapers to where I put a SS deployant on it and was under $100 for the strap and deployant combo. Bought it from Howard Marx, although I am sure others sell a similar one.

Of course the best option.... Custom Shane Delaurian or Greg Stevens Design leather strap. A nice padded black band with red stiching.

Quote Originally Posted by obie View Post
    I would go for a Kevlar band, like the one I wore on my SOA at my wedding. It is waterproof, not too over the top, comfortable as hell, tapers to where I put a SS deployant on it and was under $100 for the strap and deployant combo. Bought it from Howard Marx, although I am sure others sell a similar one.

Of course the best option.... Custom Shane Delaurian or Greg Stevens Design leather strap. A nice padded black band with red stiching.

Hmm, two (three) interesting suggestions. I'll check out the kevlar. However, the custom strap would be nice as this Kobold is a "keeper." Black with red sound very neat. I know of Shane's work but not Greg's straps. What is the contact into for Greg? Does he have a website?

Many thanks
    Michael
    Kindest regards
    Michael

http://www.gregstraps.com/

Greg doesn't have a website up yet but if you fire off an e-mail to [email protected] he will tell you what he has available.

Warren:

Thank you for the info. I will contact Greg.

Michael
    Kindest regards
    Michael

i think black shark or black carbon fiber. The real carbon fiber, matte...not that fake shiny plastic carbon fiber....with black stitching.

black shark or black ostrich. black stingray...........don't laugh.....I'll post some shots of my Tuna on black stingray. you'll be surprised......

God Bless, Liz

Follow me on Instagram @squibby118

Thread Information