Antimagnetic Question About HELSON SHARK DIVER 42mm

Thread: Antimagnetic Question About HELSON SHARK DIVER 42mm

Antimagnetic Question About HELSON SHARK DIVER 42mm

Hi guys! I was wondering if anyone could help me with the above question!

I was looking on Helson's site and noticed that the 45mm sharkdiver is antimagnetic to 70000, this sounds good. Although i don't really know how good it really is in terms of everyday usage - near tv's or magnetic fields etc?

What is a good value of antimagnetism?

I am actually looking at purchasing the 42mm sharkdiver once they resume sales on 01 Feb and i've emailed Helson watches and asked and Peter has replied me saying that the 42mm shark diver is only antimagnetic to 4800 as they did not use an inner case. Is 4800 enough or is a more practical value 70000? Reason being is i want a watch that is long lasting etc. and i don't even know if this antimagnetism business is that important in the first place.

I know i may get flames for this, but my watch winder is placed directly below my tv, so most of my automatics are about 30cm away from my tv, which being a magnetic source, i don't know how good that is.
    I've always had my winder here and for some reason all my watches run relatively decently! Is it REALLY REALLY that important that i should move my winder away?

Anyway more importantly, should i be paying extra money for the 45mm with the 70000 antimagnetism or is 4800 more than enough?

I am really clueless about this so if anyone knows please educate me! (:

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Re: Antimagnetic Question About HELSON SHARK DIVER 42mm

Well, 80.000 is a benefit for those working in power plants, medical facilities and research labs where strong electromagnetic fields can cause problems. 4.800 however is the average Joe's watch. However, I'd look for another place for my winder.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

X2 on finding somewhere else for the winder - why tempt fate?

It really brings into focus the accomplishment Rolex made with the Milgauss. 1000 gauss = 1,000,000 A/m (what most mfg seem to rate by)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Unless your TV is a CRT I wouldn't worry about the magnetic field it produces.

Thread Information