Any advice about buying in Canada?

Thread: Any advice about buying in Canada?

Any advice about buying in Canada?

Hello:

First post. I am looking at getting a decent watch and would likely prefer to get something used, and I am in Canada. I am a complete noob and want to know where to look to get a used watch in Canada.

I don't really have any preferences in terms of models, but would like something that is well made. I am concerned about the fact that there are so many replicas being sold.

Does anyone have any information about Canadian sellers of decent quality watches at a reasonable price. I was looking for something in Canada that might be similar to this seller:

http://watchseller.com/index.html

Please let me know if anyone is aware of places in Canada that they have had good experiences with. I am in the midst of the prairies, so they would have to have web access.

Thanks. (Wow, this is a HUGE site!)

Re: Any advice about buying in Canada?

Fakes aren't usually hanging around on the sale forums of sites like this as they usually get spotted. Besides, most people here are enthusiasts and are against fakes. That said, deals here can go wrong.

I would still suggest it as a good place to look.

With respects to getting things shipped to Canada. Never use UPS or FedEx. Still to postal services unless your buying within Canada. I.E. Buying from the States, ensure you get it shipped USPS. When getting it via USPS (or other service) ask that it's shipped as a gift for customs. This usually avoids fees. Also, make sure they do not declare the item value above what you payed, this ensures that if the later did not work that the fees you pay are minimal.

Hope that helps and enjoy this rewarding hobby.
    Collection:

*Tag Heuer Carrera Automatic Twin Time (WV2115)
    *Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra (2503.33.00)
    *Vintage 1956 Junghans Chronometer Cal. 82/1 (682.73)

*Sunnto Core Lava Red Positive Dial (SS016788000
    )
    *Casio Super Illuminator (MDV102-7a)
    *Vintage 1983 Seiko SQ (6923-7009)

*Jaeger-LeCoultre Atmos Cal 528-8 Mantle Clock

I have been cruising the used forum, but that exchange rate is killing me! Would still be interested if someone knew of a reputable and reasonable Canadian seller with a website. Let me know if you have one in mind.
    Seiko 7005-8052 (Looking for another or these as well)
    Seiko Chronograph SNA225P
    Hamilton Khaki
    Oris Big Crown Chrono
    Nice little Vintage JeanRicahrd Auto

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

it is a bad time for us Canadian to purchase cross the border or oversea, I bought my first 2 watches entry level watches just a month ago from an eBay dealer over Singapore. It only gets worse for the higher price watches. Too bad I haven't able to find any good Canadian sites to purchase from, good luck

I'm not sure it's even worth it to buy from a Canadian source to be honest. From what I've seen, watches are like in many other hobbies (Scuba, Mountain Biking, Snowboarding and Marine Aquaria all come to mind) where the wholesalers charge our Canadian retailers a higher price that they do in the US, even after exchange has been taken into account. I've been told this is a form of "subsidy" for the US retailers, even though it boarders on infringing on NAFTA. It's really too bad for the Canadian retailers because they're not seeing the profits. SO we either pay the premium and buy Canadian and hurt ourselves or buy outside and hurt the Canadian businesses while the supplier wins both ways and perpetuates the problem.
    Collection:

*Tag Heuer Carrera Automatic Twin Time (WV2115)
    *Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra (2503.33.00)
    *Vintage 1956 Junghans Chronometer Cal. 82/1 (682.73)

*Sunnto Core Lava Red Positive Dial (SS016788000
    )
    *Casio Super Illuminator (MDV102-7a)
    *Vintage 1983 Seiko SQ (6923-7009)

*Jaeger-LeCoultre Atmos Cal 528-8 Mantle Clock

Quote Originally Posted by Murrkf View Post
    I have been cruising the used forum, but that exchange rate is killing me! Would still be interested if someone knew of a reputable and reasonable Canadian seller with a website. Let me know if you have one in mind.
    Like LowTEC said our dollar isnt doing to good right now . Id try looking on Kijiji, I love the place.

Crooked date hate!!!

Thread Information