Any good second hand / used watch shops in Shanghai (swiss or japanese watches)

Thread: Any good second hand / used watch shops in Shanghai (swiss or japanese watches)

Any good second hand / used watch shops in Shanghai (swiss or japanese watches)

Hey Gents,

I posted this in the Chinese watches sub forum, but thought I'd try my luck here as well...

I was wondering if anyone knew of any used watch shops in Shanghai. I've already been to the one above the subway station (level 2) of the Oriental Pearl Tower in Pudong, he has some cool pieces but a bit too old and on the small side for me, plus was there on the weekend and was soooo close to buying a vintage seiko chrono, but he couldn't get the chrono function to properly work so gave up.

I am looking for somewhere that has a better selection of watches from say....the 70's to now, and that also buys watches as well as I have a couple I'd consider selling locally if possible. Does something like this exist? Please help...

I am not really looking vor VCMs, and have already been to Dongtailu antique street and have searched the forum, but as I am aiming more for swiss brands or vintage seikos it's a little harder to find something. Any point in the right direction would be appreciated. Thanks in advance...Cheers

Re: Any good second hand / used watch shops in Shanghai (swiss or japanese watches)

I would be very afraid. And remember, who would have watches of note in Communist China during the 1970s? 1930s Shanghai, sure, but not 1970s...
    Current Rotation: Seiko SARB017, Seiko SARB035, Seiko SKX013, Seiko World Timer (c. 1970).
    Box Sitters: 1972 Zodiac Astrographic (Yeah, baby!), Patek Calatrava (I bring that out for special occasions).

Thread Information