Any help with info on watch?

Thread: Any help with info on watch?

Any help with info on watch?

Hello everyone, new to the forum here. My father is a big watch collector and over the years has given me quite a few so my collection is up to about 15 now! I have this one watch that I can't find ANY info about. I doubt it's anything nice, and my dad said he forgot when he bought it But it's one of my favorites and would love to know just a little more info about it! The brand I believe is BEAMER and the model I believe is 200i?

Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Any help with info on watch?

Sorry I can't help. I have never heard of this brand. I am sure that one of the more knowledgeable WIS members will nail it for you.

As as for "I doubt it's anything nice" there is one thing nice about it, in fact heroic about it, and that's the name reminded me of the heroism of Todd Beamer of flight 93. So if nothing else it's a nice watch just because it did that, but I digress.

I am assuming you have Realised it is some BMW 200i car related commemorative or anniversary related item from BMW. Would be interesting to track back the 200i historically and see where this watch could fit into the story. The question is what movement is being used, you would think if it was genuinely issued by BMW it would be a reasonable movement.
    Last edited by blubarb; July 19th, 2015 at 02:35.

Quote Originally Posted by johnno1954 View Post
    Sorry I can't help. I have never heard of this brand. I am sure that one of the more knowledgeable WIS members will nail it for you.

As as for "I doubt it's anything nice" there is one thing nice about it, in fact heroic about it, and that's the name reminded me of the heroism of Todd Beamer of flight 93. So if nothing else it's a great watch just because it did that.
    Haha thanks for the info! Il need to look up Todd Beamer :)

And I think there is something cool about having something no one knows about you know? Like it almost makes it more special because no one else has it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Could have a specific interest to collectors of BMW memorabilia. If you could find out why it was produced you would be off to a good start. Any collectors of things BMW out there?

you didn't say how it was powered and it looks as though it might be Quartz powered as that crown doesn't look like a winder from what I can see of it. Can you get a pic with the back off?
    Last edited by blubarb; July 19th, 2015 at 02:34.

Thread Information