Any love for Maurice Lacriox watches here?
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Any love for Maurice Lacriox watches here?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Any love for Maurice Lacriox watches here?

So I picked up this Maurice Lacriox Double Retrograde for an amazing price recently because I thought it looked great and has very some impressive features. You don't see much mentioned about this brand here and I find it strange given the superb quality of this piece. Anyone else into this brand at all? Can't be just me surely

IMG_20190615_100331 by ataripower, on Flickr
    Rolex 116660 D-Blue, Rolex Sky-Dweller, Omega Speedmaster Apollo 11 45th Anniversary, Omega Speedmaster Apollo 11 50th Anniversary, Omega Speedmaster Apollo 17 40th Anniversary, Omega Speedy Tuesday, Omega ​Ultraman, Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre, Omega x33 Skywalker Solar Impulse, Seiko Prospex Diver SPB105J, Timex ​Marlin Peanuts

Re: Any love for Maurice Lacriox watches here?

Very nice piece. I had almost bought one myself in the past. I think you just have to get into the watch at the right price. Most importantly though in a firm believer in buying a watch that suits you and your personality. But what you like irrespective of the brand name.
    Congrats and wear it in good health.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    ataripower likes this.

Nice brand that flies under the radar for most, IMHO.
    ataripower likes this.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

This is one of my favorites. Unfortunately I couldn't find a lighting condition without glare that highlights the blued numerals, second hand and day indicator.

Name:  Masterpiece Jours Retrogrades Tonneau MP6119.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  1.18 MB

They make nice watches. They are not a forum favorite but they are quality indeed.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk
    ataripower likes this.

Interesting watch but I think as a lot of others note the brand does not seem to attract the passionate advocates that others seem to. Not sure why

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think they get a bad rap because they are (or used to be) one of those brands that were widely sold on the grey market for like 70%+ off of 'retail'... also seemed like they had two distinct tiers of watches, regular, and some 'masterpiece' collection. Kind of like they couldn't figure out what they wanted the brand to be. I know they came out with a sports model that looks a lot like a RO a couple of years back, but haven't heard/seen much else from them recently as the brand is virtually never discussed on the forums/youtube/etc.

Current line-up: Cartier Santos / Zenith El Primero 1969 / Rolex Explorer 214270 / Grand Seiko SBGJ027 'Peacock' / Oris Aquis

Quote Originally Posted by BevisFrondFan View Post
    This is one of my favorites. Unfortunately I couldn't find a lighting condition without glare that highlights the blued numerals, second hand and day indicator.

Name:  Masterpiece Jours Retrogrades Tonneau MP6119.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  1.18 MB
    That is magnificent!
    Rolex 116660 D-Blue, Rolex Sky-Dweller, Omega Speedmaster Apollo 11 45th Anniversary, Omega Speedmaster Apollo 11 50th Anniversary, Omega Speedmaster Apollo 17 40th Anniversary, Omega Speedy Tuesday, Omega ​Ultraman, Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre, Omega x33 Skywalker Solar Impulse, Seiko Prospex Diver SPB105J, Timex ​Marlin Peanuts

Banned

I’d like to have an Aikon in 39mm. Really great looking watch
    uplockjock likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ataripower View Post
    So I picked up this Maurice Lacriox Double Retrograde for an amazing price recently because I thought it looked great and has very some impressive features. You don't see much mentioned about this brand here and I find it strange given the superb quality of this piece. Anyone else into this brand at all? Can't be just me surely

IMG_20190615_100331 by ataripower, on Flickr
    I certainly like this brand too, especially their older design. I bought an automatic for my wife a few years ago. It looks very classy (with onion crown) and works great. I’m not a big fan of their more recent models however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information