Any opinions on the Certina DS-2 and the other Quartz "precidrive" chronographs?

Thread: Any opinions on the Certina DS-2 and the other Quartz "precidrive" chronographs?

Any opinions on the Certina DS-2 and the other Quartz "precidrive" chronographs?

I've been on a Certina kick lately. Just bought the DS action diver auto, and have been eyeing up another to add to the collection. I haven't found many reviews on the DS-2 Chrono and some of the other Certina Precidrive chronographs and am looking for some opinions and suggestions. I've always been into autos and the idea of spending in the $500 range for a Quartz watch really has me confused and hoping that I don't regret my purchase. I know that Quartz watches are wonderful and are very popular amongst watch enthusiasts but I'm sure some of you can understand where I'm coming from. I guess I just need help getting over my "auto" snobbery, for lack of a better term. That said I absolutely love the design of these watches. I don't usually spend over $1000 for a watch at a time. I just can't afford to have multiples if I spend more than that and I would rather have several nice watches than one really nice watch. I'm also open to suggestions if anyone has anything else in that $500 range that may be in that same style. I would really like to hear opinions on these precidrive chronos though if anyone here owns or has owned one.

Re: Any opinions on the Certina DS-2 and the other Quartz "precidrive" chronographs?

The Precidrive watches are often discussed in the HAQ forum. Plenty of reading in this thread:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f9/cert...es-940252.html

Re: Any opinions on the Certina DS-2 and the other Quartz "precidrive" chronographs?

Quote Originally Posted by GlennO View Post
    The Precidrive watches are often discussed in the HAQ forum. Plenty of reading in this thread:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f9/cert...es-940252.html
    Thanks GlennO. I actually completely forgot we even had the HAQ section here. See how wrapped up in autos I've been. Lol

Thread Information