Any other watch enthusiasts miss daylight savings this am?

Thread: Any other watch enthusiasts miss daylight savings this am?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Any other watch enthusiasts miss daylight savings this am?

Man, I woke up and entered a timewarp today. My samurai read 8:30 so I figured I had plenty of time for my 11 o'clock appointment, went to walk the dog and came back an hour later, get online to check my mail and the clock says 10:30. Im thinking it cant be daylight savings again, we just did that a few months ago maybe my sammie is running out of gas.

I go check my atomic Seiko alarm clock and it says 9:30 but its receiver isnt always reliable so Im not sure whats going on and I finally go to Time.gov and yup, its 10:30 I have no time to get ready because the appointment is 30 minutes away. And its a female client, and I really need to shower, shave and scrape my tongue this morning.

so is it just sloppy disorganized me, or does this whole daylight savings scheme suck the big one? I missed an appointment and have to reset all my watches for what? Whats your opinion of the daylight savings cost/benefit ratio?

Re: Any other watch enthusiasts miss daylight savings this am?

Quote Originally Posted by T90MotoGP View Post
    Whats your opinion of the daylight savings cost/benefit ratio?
    I don't know enough about the cost of DST. But, as a person who likes to do things outdoors after work, I like daylight savings time.

I also like the extra daylight but I would prefer to always be set on DST & not have to adjust 2x per year (Ill have to move to Arizona or Hawaii).........I was curious about the history of DST & found a decent write-up on Wikipedia if interested...... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylight_savings

BTW........I usually switch all my clocks early Saturday (My Wife thinks Im strange )

Best Regards to all, Joe
    Last edited by WatchList; March 9th, 2008 at 17:51.
    Your average poor man

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It has been found that there is no environmental value to DST...if anything it's a drag on the environment.

http://www.thestar.com/News/article/326611 Why daylight saving time is bad for the environment

Personally, I'd prefer it to get dark at an earlier time in the summer...it would cool off better for sleeping. It stays light plenty late enough here in Canada anyway...

And no, I didn't miss changing my clocks...I set most of them forward last night before bedtime. My quartz watches I'll reset the next time I wear them [whenever that happens...].
    Keep List:

Seiko SKXA35 Auto Diver
    Stauer Day/Date/Month Auto
    Glycine Incursore 100M Auto
    O&W Ocean Master Vintage handwinder
    G-Shock GW3000BD-1ajfa
    G-Shock MTG910DA-1
    Citizen EcoZilla diver
    Hamilton Khaki Officer 44mm Unitas w/custom hands and lume
    Volmax Aviator 45mm handwinder
    Laco 42mm B-Type Flieger

Wish List:

Glycine Eugene Meylan
    Hamilton Jazzmaster PR
    Meistersinger Singlehand
    A +40mm Seiko Alpinist, if Seiko ever decides to make one...

My wrist size - 8"/20.3cm

What's Daylight's Savings Time??? KenC...ARIZONA!
    "Find the little bastards......and then pile on!" Maj Gen George S Patton IV

Honored & Proud Member, "G5" (Disdained by the intellectually dishonest!)

Inactive

I loved living in Arizona. Of course, two of the little known downsides were that a) programming the VCR got harder- cable tv stations broadcasting from LA follow DST, ones broadcasting from Phoenix don't. And b) the Navajo nation follows DST, so if you do anything on the reservation, you gotta remember that the time is different. Nearly missed a tour in Canyon de Chelly because of it.

I have to agree that it would just be better to be daylight savings time all the time. My morning routine during the week is get up, shower get dressed, grab coffee, go to work. I don't care if it is dark in the morning. Even on the weekend, I don't mind if it is dark when I get up (I am always an early riser). It is much nicer to get out of the office and it still be light out.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonChris View Post
    I loved living in Arizona. Of course, two of the little known downsides were that a) programming the VCR got harder- cable tv stations broadcasting from LA follow DST, ones broadcasting from Phoenix don't. And b) the Navajo nation follows DST, so if you do anything on the reservation, you gotta remember that the time is different. Nearly missed a tour in Canyon de Chelly because of it.
    But now there is TIVO and DVR!
    "Find the little bastards......and then pile on!" Maj Gen George S Patton IV

Honored & Proud Member, "G5" (Disdained by the intellectually dishonest!)

Not me - I set my watches before I went to bed. I did forget to set the clock on the microwave, though.
    Scott

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

No problems for me this year. Got a cheap clock radio that somehow knows when to set the time, there are two radio controlled clocks in the house and my watch box is next to the computer. Sat down at the computer in the morning, picked out the day's watch to wear and set it according to the clocks I could see at the time (they all agreed). It was only when I got into the car that I remembered that DST was early this year.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information