Any other watch fanatics just prefer 1 or 2 watches in his/her collection?
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Any other watch fanatics just prefer 1 or 2 watches in his/her collection?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Any other watch fanatics just prefer 1 or 2 watches in his/her collection?

Like title says. Any other watch guys or gals just prefer 1 or 2 watches in their collection that will get the job done? I love and research watches just as much as any other person on here does, but I just prefer a "do it all watch." A watch that can be worn with shorts and a t shirt to a pool party/bbq and at the same time a night out on the town. I have way too many other hobbies and interests to have 10-15 watches that I spent good money on just sitting there waiting to be worn in a couple of months. I have seen some collections that must have $50,000 worth of watches just sitting there for a rotation. Don't get me wrong, if I was a very rich man..I would be the same way, but I know a lot of us aren't but still enjoy our fine timepieces. I don't mean to start any arguments. What you want to do with your money is up to you, and I'm sure some people out there will tell me what an idiot I am for the stupid crap I buy. I just wanna know if there are any other watch enthusiasts like me who love watches, but only have 1 or 2 because they have so many other interests?????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Any other watch fanatics just prefer 1 or 2 watches in his/her collection?

I tried that, didn't work for me.
    scjones88 and edhchoe like this.
    Only a biker knows why a dog hangs its head out the window.

The Road goes on forever, and the party never ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Twofaston2 View Post
    Like title says. Any other watch guys or gals just prefer 1 or 2 watches in their collection that will get the job done?
    Theoretically yes I do, but I seem to have a hard time with it! Working on trucking though. Right now trying to get down to one diver, one explorer-style watch, and one pilot watch for travel.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Texcowboy9 View Post
    I tried that, didn't work for me.
    Me either!

Same here! In theory it would be nice to have just one or two to thoroughly enjoy and appreciate, but there are so many nice and/or interesting watches out there to tempt you.

I know what you guys mean. I should have mentioned that I do like to try new pieces, but at the expense of my "old" one.

Tried it... there was always that - oooh that looks good, I'll add just one more....and repeat.
    For me issue is not financial, but of settling down with just 1-2. Too many beautiful watches out there. It's taking a lot of self-control not to add more now. 2015 I only added 2, and thinking of just 1-2 for 2016. But I already have 16 watches in the collection and no plans to sell any off.
    qtip.416 and Texcowboy9 like this.
    "I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." George Bernard Shaw
    "Don?t argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" Greg King
    ?Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.? Mark Twain
    "The problem with quotes found on the Internet is that it's hard to be sure of their authenticity." Abraham Lincoln
    "A Rose by any other name will smell as sweet. But it does not follow that whatever we choose to call a Rose will possess the Rose's fragrance." BB Warfield

Believe me..I tried it also. When I got my breitling avenger seawolf (R.I.P) I had an Oris prodiver and a victorinox dive master 500 auto like new. I stopped wearing those altogether because of my breitling. I really, really wanted(didn't need) some new mud tires and rims for my 4x4. That's what I mean. I would only wear my favorite, and would be itching to resell my "neglected" ones for something else that I really want.

I'm one of those people!! I own about a dozen watches but pretty much only wear two or three with any regularity. Coming to this realization has tempered my desire to get additional watches quite a bit.

I reckon I could live with 2 watches (automatics only quartz don't count) 1 watch to wear with suits and the other to wear with casuals.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information