Any recommendation for Windows clock app?

Thread: Any recommendation for Windows clock app?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Any recommendation for Windows clock app?

Looking for a good/usefull Windows clock. I would like it to have the option to show an animated analog watch face. I used to have a Breitling app. but it was not a clockface. My preference would be one that syncs to reference atomic clocks. Also, any info about calculating network delay? In an effort to set my watch I called the USNO phone number & with my watch at the ready (second hand poised at 12) anxiously waited for the voice to announce the hour. When the time came around to the hour the voice announced "At the tone, mountain daylight time, 7 hours - 15 min - 5 sec. I remember that it used to announce the time at the top of the hour. This doesn't work for me. Am I remembering incorrectly? Anyway, I just had my automatic regulated & would like to get a feel for it's accuracy & I may as well set it to the exact time if possible.
    Thanks
    Last edited by bugeyed; May 15th, 2007 at 22:03. Reason: Clarification

Re: Any recommendation for Windows clock app?

Quote Originally Posted by bugeyed View Post
    Looking for a good/usefell Windows clock. I would like it to have the option to show an animated analog watch face. I used to have a Breitling app. but would like to know what those here like. Also, any info about calculating network delay? In an effort to set my watch I called the USNO phone number & with my watch at the ready (second hand poised at 12) anxiously waited for the voice to announce the hour. When the time came around to the hour the voice announced "At the tone, mountain daylight time, 7 hours - 15 min - 5 sec. I remember that it used to announce the time at o sec. This doesn't work for me. Am I remembering incorrectly? Anyway, I just had my automatic regulated & would like to get a feel for it's accuracy & I may as well set it to the exact time if possible.
    Thanks
    I have found 2 applications. On the Panerai website is a downloadable
    screensaver of a full page Panerai watch face the tells time. with a second hand and date. I use this exclusively. Doxa also has a downloadable small doxa orange faced watch that sits in the corner of
    of your screen. I use this when I am working and need to leave and be at an appointment at a certain time. I find both useful.

I use Bell & Ross. Just simply go to their website.

nt

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'll second the Bell & Ross screensavers. There are several to choose from and there are Windows and Mac versions.

Go to this link and click on goodies. Have fun.

http://www.bellross.com/

stuffler,mike

A. Lange & Söhne Datograph or GO Senator Panoramadatum mit Mondphase are my favorites.

I only find wallpaper on their site!

Can you direct me?
    Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    A. Lange & Söhne Datograph or GO Senator Panoramadatum mit Mondphase are my favorites.

A very flexible small Windows clock is ClocX. Lots of different dials to choose, varying levels of transparency, always on top, etc.

Combine that with Dimension 4 to synchronise with atomic timeservers and you have a pretty impressive desktop timepiece.

Or get Windows Vista, as it has clocks among the many gadgets for the sidebar.
    Steve

Thanks, that's going to work fine!

I didn't need the screensaver clocks since this is on a laptop & I don't leave the backlight on all the time. I guess I will see if I can't get my own images to work.
    Thanks again

LTH

Re: Thanks, that's going to work fine!

the bell&ross (like others, rolex for example) screen savers are in fact flash applications, after installation go to to c:\windows\system32 and you'll see new directories with a lot of crap files, only one is usefull the .swf
    wrap it in html and put it on your active desktop

check here for my own collection of B&R flash clocks, the only ones's I can afford
    http://lthaler.free.fr/dotclear/inde...oss-collection

or for netvibes
    http://lthaler.free.fr/dotclear/inde...ibes-ou-google
    Swatch Sistem 51 Arrow (custom bracelet), Bulova Snorkel 96B209, Seiko SSA174K1 "unicorn" 4R37, Seiko SKA465P1 Kinetic 5M62-0CH0, Alpha Sundial Black, Seiko "SPØRK" SRP043K1, MQJ submariner, Casio WVA-430, Citizen diver NY2300-09EB, Seiko 5 SNXS77K (7S26) , Casio Protrek PRT-500 , Swatch Beat webmaster , vintage Seiko 5 (1972 defective) various Casio, Pulsar, Yonger&Bresson all anadigit and a Fossil WristPda:oops:

Quote Originally Posted by G M Fude View Post
    A very flexible small Windows clock is ClocX. Lots of different dials to choose, varying levels of transparency, always on top, etc.

Combine that with Dimension 4 to synchronise with atomic timeservers and you have a pretty impressive desktop timepiece.

Or get Windows Vista, as it has clocks among the many gadgets for the sidebar.
    For Windows Vista I use a program called "Chameleon Clock" that has all the features above - it is skinnable, checks Atomic Time Servers, can sit in system tray or float on desktop, and also has a very handy alarm feature. (download from www.softshape.com/cham)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information