Any Recommendations?

Thread: Any Recommendations?

Any Recommendations?

Just sent in two watches for repair to a company called Watch Repairs USA in Long Island NY.

One watch was a Luminox World Traveler that had the lens fall out. I sent it in and they replaced the lens. Looks good however the watch will stop when the back part of the minute hand reaches a certain spot. Sent the watch back in and was told that the watch needed an overhaul. This is a relatively new watch not more than 4 months old.

Prior to getting the Luminox back I sent in a Citizen Eco Drive which did not hold a charge based on their email estimate that it was probably a capacitor.
    Sent it in and after they examined the watch they sent me an invoice to replace the capacitor which I promptly paid. A few days later they send me another invoice for an overhaul stating that it did not need a capacitor but now needed an overhaul.
    Anyway I told customer service that I did not trust this company and wanted both of my watches back.

Has anyone else had issues with this watch repair company.

Any recommendations on a watch repair company they have used and have had good experiences with?

Thanks,
    Ed

Re: Any Recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by decare View Post
    Just sent in two watches for repair to a company called Watch Repairs USA in Long Island NY.

One watch was a Luminox World Traveler that had the lens fall out. I sent it in and they replaced the lens. Looks good however the watch will stop when the back part of the minute hand reaches a certain spot. Sent the watch back in and was told that the watch needed an overhaul. This is a relatively new watch not more than 4 months old.

Prior to getting the Luminox back I sent in a Citizen Eco Drive which did not hold a charge based on their email estimate that it was probably a capacitor.
    Sent it in and after they examined the watch they sent me an invoice to replace the capacitor which I promptly paid. A few days later they send me another invoice for an overhaul stating that it did not need a capacitor but now needed an overhaul.
    Anyway I told customer service that I did not trust this company and wanted both of my watches back.

Has anyone else had issues with this watch repair company.

Any recommendations on a watch repair company they have used and have had good experiences with?

Thanks,
    Ed
    If the luminox is only 4 months old, it should still be under warranty. If its a quartz, I'm not sure what "overhaul" they can do on it, as the movement would cost less than $20 to replace. As for the Eco-drive, same thing, the quartz movement isn't really serviceable so if its not the capacitor, I'm not sure what it could be.
    Lots of dive watches.

Thread Information