I'm in the market for a dress watch, it will be the last watch I will ever buy. A couple of years back I bought my dream sports/everyday watch; an Omega Seamaster Professional and now I am in need for a watch I can wear to meet clients, or attend to formal diners wearing a dinner jacket. I was considering a Jaeger Le Coultre Reverso but the fact that it is a manual watch doesn't make me too happy, I do like the classic design however. Then I saw the beautiful Patek Calatrava but it costs twice my budget so I can forget that. Perhaps you could suggest some other watches I should look into? It would be much appreciated! Here a couple of things I am looking for:
- Either Yellow Gold or Stainless Steel (nothing else)
- Needs to be waterproof enough to withstand a very heavy shower of rain or me washing my hands.
- Preferably automatic but if it is really nice I will consider manual
- Timeless & elegant design that can be worn as well with a tuxedo as with more casual clothing
- Not too big (Even though I am a man I have small wrists. That's a 5.5cm wide wrist.)
- Should last a lifetime (Obvious for a 10k watch I know but I want a good reliable movement). And withstand a lifetime of use and abuse. Want to pass it on to my children some day.
- Need to be able to buy the watch in Paris on my next visit.
Now some facts about me, after all certain watches match certain personalities, don't they? Anyway, here we go:
- This will be my dress watch, I have an Omega SMP as sports watch and will never buy another watch after this, it will need to click, I will need to fall in love with it so it has to be somewhat special.
- I work in the Fashion Industry.
- I manage a team of people, am involved in PR and meet extremely high paying clients that will pay 20k a day for a job on a regular basis and part of that routine is looking like you are in the same league.
- I wear bespoke suits and shine my shoes daily.
- I like being elegant but not flamboyant, I'm not an oil sheik or a russian gangster.
Thanks for your input!