Any symbolism involved in wearing a watch on the right hand? - Page 12
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Any symbolism involved in wearing a watch on the right hand?

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Re: Any symbolism involved in wearing a watch on the right hand?

If your a lefty, wear on right hand.. If your a righty, wear on the left hand

Had another question to add. I’m a lefty and wear my watch on the right. Was curious if any fellow lefty’s who wear their watches the same way, who fold their arms over their arm where they wear their watchand does it bother them that the watch is hidden?

I'm a lefty. In university and school in general, I wore my watch on my right hand so it was easier to see when writing, ie during exams etc, but during that era I wore it on right all the time, often with the face on the inside of my arm.

These days, (and a long time since school) I find that if I were to do that, because I use my right hand for computer mouse, I don't like having my watch on that hand anymore. It interferes with my wrist, ergonomics, and I suppose could scratch the watch bracelet due to all the movement.

Personally I don't find crowns that convenient to work with while wearing the watch, so I just take it off if I need to do any big setting adjustments.

Either way, lefty wearing on my left.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It's up to you!!!
    I travel to South-America on a regular basis and if I'm driving a car, I prefer to wear my watch in my right hand so I can avoid any car-window breaking to snatch the watch or so.
    When I come back to the USA I put it on my left wrist (As usual) and I'm good to go!!!

I'm also a lefty who wears his watch on the right, but I'm not sure I get the question. You're saying that when you cross your arms, it's left over top of right, so your watch on your right wrist is covered? I think (yes, I just sat here crossing my arms to see what felt more natural) that I cross my right arm over my left.

Isn't this a question about how you cross your arms rather than which wrist you wear your watch on? Wouldn't it apply equally to left wristers?

Quote Originally Posted by ollie7715 View Post
    Had another question to add. Im a lefty and wear my watch on the right. Was curious if any fellow leftys who wear their watches the same way, who fold their arms over their arm where they wear their watchand does it bother them that the watch is hidden?

Right handed. Worn my watch on my right wrist since about middle school. Can't remember if I did it to be contrarian and being an iconoclast or just for comfort, but it's now become a habit and part of who I am.

I switch it up when I feel like it. Take earlier this week for instance, I had some kind of poison ivy or something get under my watch and irritate my left wrist. A quick washing and onto the right wrist it went.

For me it's because I'm left handed.....

Quote Originally Posted by PiPPoI View Post
    I`ve always wondered if there was any hidden meaning to wearing your watch on your right? I know that some people are left-handed and thus are more liable of doing it. But for some person who is right-handed it looks a bit out of the ordinary. A bit like a "rebellion against society" or a secret organization`s code. I know that most people would say they wear their watches the way they feel better. But it would be nice to hear the more bizarre opinions on this topic.

Feel free to call me a paranoid, conspiracy-seeking idiot.
    Lee Rappeport

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________________

PREVIOUSLY OWNED

Glycine Vacuum, Glycine Observer (2), Glycine Power reserve DLC, Rolex sub no date(1967), Rolex sub Chronometer movement, Bulova Accutron RR edition,
    Seiko Orange monster, IWC 38mm Pilot, Chronoswiss Kairos SS, Steinhart O1V, Oris BC3, Oris triple complication, Tissot Sea Star, MK II Seafighter, Seiko SNKF11, Steinhart Ocean 44, Steinhart Ocean Black GMT, Seiko SRP 777 TURTLE, Seiko SUN045 50th Anniversary Kinetic.

CURRENTLY OWN

Hamilton Barton (circa 1951), Seiko SBBN035 TUNA, and a $5.00 quartz watch.....

Pimp Pimp Hoorayyy! To the Scary Dinosaur Crew (note the green). Rawr baby. Rawr.\

Name:  pimp pimp hooray!.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  61.2 KB
    Best Regards,

--Todd

I’ve been told since childhood that men wear watches on the left wrist and women on the right, so I’ve always worn my watches on the left wrist. That said, I’m a lefty, but as I’ve always hated needing special products for lefties, I’ve trained myself to do everything better with my right hand, so I don’t bang my watch. The only traces of left handedness on me are writing with my left hand and that rings and watches just feel better on my left hand/wrist.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Thread Information