Any watch with fixed lugs?
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Any watch with fixed lugs?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Do you know if any watch currently made with fixed lugs and only for Natos? Something like 5517?

Name:  5339700-1000-3.jpg
Views: 1649
Size:  294.1 KB

Hi there Maxy,
    Have a look at the CWC RN diver from Silvermans. They have fixed lugs in both quartz and automatic versions. I've included pics of both because pics are always better.
    You can find a half dozen or more micro brands (Zixen, Zinex, Helson, Armida, Halios, Obris Morgan, and/or others) that will have screwed bars that are nearly as solid (or more so) as options. I also have a Wenger 1000m diver Aquagraph Deep Diver or some such name that has solid, but screwed in lugs. Here's a pic of it too.

Regards,

Jeff

Pics of the Obris Morgan Pradata lugs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by beckandcallgirls; January 25th, 2015 at 10:19.
    Maxy and slcbbrown like this.

Re: Any watch with fixed lugs?

Timefactors have a couple. Smiths NATO watch PRS-40

Name:  prs40-4.jpg
Views: 1602
Size:  75.1 KB

And Smiths Military 36mm PRS-29A

Name:  prs294.jpg
Views: 1587
Size:  54.2 KB

Discontinued, but the PRECISTA "Fat Arrow" - PRS-53 has fixed bar also.

Maxy likes this.
    Nomos Orion Anthracite; Destro watches: Ω "Great White" GMT, MKII Blackwater, Sinn EZM1 LE, IWC 3536-001, MKII Kingston, Precista Speedbird I, Casio MR-G120, Casio GW-5000, Sinn EZM2; Former Watches: Corvus Bradley

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

If you have fixed lugs, do you need a Nato strap? I think you could get away with just a single layer strap at that point, though Natos are more common.
    ​Grand Seiko SBGE033, Jaquest Droz Grande Seconde, Breitling Navitimer Cosmonaute, Prometheus Piranha, Orient Wingman, Zeppelin Flatline 7366-3, Glashutte Original PanoMaticLunar, Epos Emotion 3390, Steinhart Ocean 2 Premium, Hamilton Khaki Field, Omega 1965 Vintage, Seiko 5 SNKK27, Seiko 1977 Vintage, Nomos Orion 38, Wittnauer 1960's Vintage, Movado SL1 Chrono, Seiko SBQK085, Cyma Le Locle, Casio Oceanus OCW-S100-1AJF

Not trying to hijack thread but what are fixed lugs? I thought all lugs were "fixed".

Quote Originally Posted by fjblair View Post
    Not trying to hijack thread but what are fixed lugs? I thought all lugs were "fixed".
    Well the lugs themselves are, yes. What's being discussed is sometimes called fixed springbars too (which is more descriptive) but some watches don't have anything like a springbar, like the Smiths above.

Either way, the gist is that you can't change straps unless the straps slide out or can otherwise be unhooked from the bar. The point of a Nato strap was that if you had a springbar failure - a break or if it just came out - the watch was still hooked by the strap and the other bar and would stay on your wrist.

With fixed bars, you don't really need that feature of the Nato, unless you're still worried about the fixed bar breaking, which seems pretty extreme.
    Deledda and Maxy like this.
    ​Grand Seiko SBGE033, Jaquest Droz Grande Seconde, Breitling Navitimer Cosmonaute, Prometheus Piranha, Orient Wingman, Zeppelin Flatline 7366-3, Glashutte Original PanoMaticLunar, Epos Emotion 3390, Steinhart Ocean 2 Premium, Hamilton Khaki Field, Omega 1965 Vintage, Seiko 5 SNKK27, Seiko 1977 Vintage, Nomos Orion 38, Wittnauer 1960's Vintage, Movado SL1 Chrono, Seiko SBQK085, Cyma Le Locle, Casio Oceanus OCW-S100-1AJF

CWC in the steel...so to speak.

Maxy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dbostedo View Post
    Well the lugs themselves are, yes. What's being discussed is sometimes called fixed springbars too (which is more descriptive) but some watches don't have anything like a springbar, like the Smiths above.

Either way, the gist is that you can't change straps unless the straps slide out or can otherwise be unhooked from the bar. The point of a Nato strap was that if you had a springbar failure - a break or if it just came out - the watch was still hooked by the strap and the other bar and would stay on your wrist.

With fixed bars, you don't really need that feature of the Nato, unless you're still worried about the fixed bar breaking, which seems pretty extreme.

Thanks for the explanation....

Quote Originally Posted by beckandcallgirls View Post
    Hi there Maxy,
    Have a look at the CWC RN diver from Silvermans. They have fixed lugs in both quartz and automatic versions. I've included pics of both because pics are always better.
    You can find a half dozen or more micro brands (Zixen, Zinex, Helson, Armida, Halios, Obris Morgan, and/or others) that will have screwed bars that are nearly as solid (or more so) as options. I also have a Wenger 1000m diver Aquagraph Deep Diver or some such name that has solid, but screwed in lugs. Here's a pic of it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks, love that CWC RN but I didn't expect them to be expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by dbostedo View Post

The Rolex posted in Original post - 5513 came with Nato strap for military use and it had fixed lugs. Why do you think so? Even though they are more safe, the 5513 didn't use it incase of springbar failure but more or practical light use.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information