Any WUS members in Hong Kong? Grail watch found, but source... questionable?
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Any WUS members in Hong Kong? Grail watch found, but source... questionable?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Any WUS members in Hong Kong? Grail watch found, but source... questionable?

Hi All,

I have finally located my Grail watch for sale for the first time since searching. A discontinued Chronoswiss Chronograph.

However, the price is reasonable, but the source is a place in Hong Kong, called Golden Time Watch Co. They obviously only take wire transfers, which makes me nervous. Has anyone dealt with them before, or does anyone WUS members from Hong Kong perhaps know of them? They are a trusted seller on Chrono24... but I am not sure how much stock can be placed in that.

So close, yet so far...

Many thanks guys and girls.

Drew

Re: Any WUS members in Hong Kong? Grail watch found, but source... questionable?

They only sell on Chrono24. No Brick&Mortar store in HK, website doesn`t provide any insight information.
    Only Bankwire transfers? I will pass personally, just my opinion with all info you provided.
    #14 and D10S Forever. Grącies and R.I.P Johan.

Re: Any WUS members in Hong Kong? Grail watch found, but source... questionable?

I tend to agree... sad as it is to say. They emailed me pics today of the watch, although I am having trouble loading them...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

No paypal. No deal. What makes it that obvious they only take BT? Maybe send them an email asking about it and even offering to cover extra cost or 50% ? I found dealers in HK pretty open to negotiation so this should make no exception.

Those Chronoswiss Chronos... lekker! I can understand the grail status.
    Last edited by Dan83bz; October 20th, 2014 at 15:16.
    JDM FTW

My 2 ultimate grails are VFM and TOTC.
    A good read is like medicine for the brain.

Quote Originally Posted by drewofnabu View Post
    I tend to agree... sad as it is to say. They emailed me pics today of the watch, although I am having trouble loading them...
    Smaller= better
    #14 and D10S Forever. Grącies and R.I.P Johan.

There's no reason for not excepting Paypal,
    That's my first concern.
    I would personally pass.
    Good luck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Attaching some photos...Name:  photo 1.jpg
Views: 621
Size:  79.6 KBName:  photo.jpg
Views: 623
Size:  99.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto Jaksic View Post
    That's my first concern.
    I would personally pass.
    Good luck

There are several legitimate reasons for a merchant to not accept Paypal. That said wire transfer does increase the risk significantly for the buyer and in this case it depends on how rare the "grail" really is and how much risk the OP is willing to take for the "grail". I have no personal knowledge of the seller and hopefully the OP can find out more information.
    wtma likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto Jaksic View Post
    That's my first concern.
    I would personally pass.
    Good luck

Not everyone is from the United States. In HK/China, Alipay or wire would be the preferred method.

If you really want to be careful, you can use a Taobao agent to accept the shipment first and then ship it to you. It'll cost an extra 10%, but the agent would inspect the package, and deal with returning the package if necessary.

I would personally be fine with it. I buy from Chrono24 dealers all the time. As long as they have a good reputation on their profile, you will be fine.
    :)

14060m, 16200, Pam48, AT8500, El Primero 1969, Speedy FOIS, Antea KS, Orion Minimatik, ST8000SA Tourbillon, Zeppelin 7618-1

want: ALS Saxonia, PP Nautilus,

I understand why they would do wire only from a seller stand point... If they have a shipping issue or you are just a problem customer or scammer, you can't do a chargeback. I wouldn't take paypal for anything over maybe 5k or so? As a buyer I also see why you wouldn't trust anything overseas without the protection of a credit card. I personally wouldn't do it unless I could find some kind of feedback or testimonial.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information