Any WUS members in Manhattan?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By WillMK5
  • 1 Post By drickster

Thread: Any WUS members in Manhattan?

Any WUS members in Manhattan?

Looks like I will be off this tiny rock and heading for NYC end of Nov. I will have 1 day free on my trip and I am looking for recommendations. Last trip I visited Tourneau, Omega, Kenjo and finally spent my cash in the Breitling boutique. Any local knowledge gratefully received on shops/boutiques to visit, my shopping budget is more limited than last time but I would be interested in somewhere that has a good range of Seiko (automatic rather than quartz). I may also be tempted if there are any interesting sellers of replacement straps. Cheers

Re: Any WUS members in Manhattan?

There's Panatime's office either in NYC or upstate,there's one member in Pam subforum went there for strap shopping

As for Seiko,I don't know but I will keep an eye on this forum so I'll know where to go the next time I'm in NYC

There is a watch repair guy in grand central station that supposedly rocks! I have not been there but have heard good things. Here's the link...

Central Watch - Watch Bands Home
    Dan

Not entirely sure what I'm collecting anymore....

NS-13

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I like Wempe alot... also Cellini's is worth checking out.

Collection:
    RGM 801A - Montblanc Twinfly Flyback Chronograph -
    Omega AquaTerra GMT - 1972 Heuer Autavia Viceroy - Ball Engineer Master II Diver World Time
    JeanRichard Terrascope - Longines Legend Diver(Date) - Luminox 6250 - Hamilton Intra-Matic(42mm) - Magrette Moana Pacific Professional - Oris XXL Pointer Day

Intagram: @dobowatches

Shinola has a retail boutique there too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -
    Dan

NS-13

I live in Manhattan and feel like I don't really know all of the good spots. When I'm watch shopping I usually try to avoid the big name stores, although Kenjo on 57th is always fun because they have more hard to find brands than the massive Tournea a block away.

I like some of the smaller ADs that you can run into all over the place, one of my favorites is Bassano. They are an AD for Oris, Tissot, Hamilton, Ball, Longines and many others. I was there last weekend and they had a decent collection of the Seiko Ananta line as well.

Hodinkee created this guide to NYC a few years back: https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...3&source=embed

I've never followed it but realize that I probably should as I've been living in Manhattan for over a year and many of these places are close to where I live.

Btw, I know there is a pretty big NYC crowd here and it never made sense to me why there wasn't a WUS meetup... why hasn't there been one?
    Rolex Submariner, Tag Heuer Monaco, Mido Multifort, Christopher Ward C5 Malvern MkII, Seiko Mini Turtle

Ok so I popped into Central Watch today (Or stopped by, its not a store as much as it is a storefront).

A few things. They had a specific model Tissot (PR516 Heritage) that I had been looking for but had not seen in many of the larger watch stores around Manhattan. They had a few different new Tissot, Ball, Tag, pieces, and some random Nomos, GP, Omega and others that I couldn't tell if they were pre-owned or not. They also had a decent amount of vintage pieces, including Omega, Heuer, Patek, Vacheron, and Rolex. It was fairly impressive for such a small place.

I asked the owner about a discount and he quoted me 10%. I asked him if he could beat a quote from a different AD in Manhattan and he took some slight offense to it. He told me they aren't in business for watch sales, but rather for watch repairs, and that they were the guys for that (which lives up to their reputation). I hope I didn't offend him too much, I was just being honest.

Anyway, it's located in a random alley way near track 38 in the north west section of the building. I'm happy I stopped by, I'll probably go back again and take my time.
    Mark in TCI likes this.
    Rolex Submariner, Tag Heuer Monaco, Mido Multifort, Christopher Ward C5 Malvern MkII, Seiko Mini Turtle

Quote Originally Posted by WillMK5 View Post
    Ok so I popped into Central Watch today (Or stopped by, its not a store as much as it is a storefront).

A few things. They had a specific model Tissot (PR516 Heritage) that I had been looking for but had not seen in many of the larger watch stores around Manhattan. They had a few different new Tissot, Ball, Tag, pieces, and some random Nomos, GP, Omega and others that I couldn't tell if they were pre-owned or not. They also had a decent amount of vintage pieces, including Omega, Heuer, Patek, Vacheron, and Rolex. It was fairly impressive for such a small place.

I asked the owner about a discount and he quoted me 10%. I asked him if he could beat a quote from a different AD in Manhattan and he took some slight offense to it. He told me they aren't in business for watch sales, but rather for watch repairs, and that they were the guys for that (which lives up to their reputation). I hope I didn't offend him too much, I was just being honest.

Anyway, it's located in a random alley way near track 38 in the north west section of the building. I'm happy I stopped by, I'll probably go back again and take my time.
    Thanks for the report back! That is consistent with what I thought I had heard but was not confident enough to write. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Mark in TCI likes this.
    Dan

NS-13

Thread Information