Anybody else having problems with WUS search function?

Thread: Anybody else having problems with WUS search function?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Anybody else having problems with WUS search function?

Hate to post this here, but did not see a board for site problems. The search function does not work for me when I type a query in the search field. The screen will update and the word LOADING appears, but the browser tells me Done - and no search results ever load. I've waited over 20 minutes and it doesn't load. I've rebooted Pale Moon and rebooted the computer, but search still doesn't work.

Interestingly, I can search for posts in my account; don't know why one would work and the other not.

Anyone else seeing this problem?

JB

Re: Anybody else having problems with WUS search function?

Both the "search box" as well as advanced search work fine for me using Safari on iPad.

Working fine for me. Are you using the Google search at the top of the forum or the vBulletin advanced search?

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Ray MacDonald View Post
    Working fine for me. Are you using the Google search at the top of the forum or the vBulletin advanced search?
    Vbulletin

Google works about 100 times better.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

hmmm none here.. you might have to refresh your PC or re-start WUS
    "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending".

The search function never works - totally surpirsed at the posts here saying that it does because it does not. I stopped using it a long time ago.

If I want to search watchuseek for something, it is actually easier to search through google by putting your question with "watchuseek" at the end, and then it brings up results that are connected to watchuseek.
    "Work is the curse of the drinking classes." Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by zekezeke View Post
    The search function never works - totally surpirsed at the posts here saying that it does because it does not. I stopped using it a long time ago.

If I want to search watchuseek for something, it is actually easier to search through google by putting your question with "watchuseek" at the end, and then it brings up results that are connected to watchuseek.
    Have you tried it lately? It's right up there at the top of the forum. It works. 282 hits with your user ID.
    Last edited by Ray MacDonald; February 20th, 2013 at 01:17.

It's not easy or particularly powerful but it does work.

Yes - google works best.

The WUS search function used to work for me. Slow, but it worked. I rebooted the browser and computer, as noted, but no help. Could be a conflict with my browser add-ins, but I don't have the time or patience to disable them one by one to debug the conflict, assuming that is even the cause.

The goog search works pretty well, but the WUS search is the only forum search function I have trouble with.
    Last edited by brashboy; February 20th, 2013 at 03:30.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information