Anyone else crazy about the FP Journe Chronometre Bleu?
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Anyone else crazy about the FP Journe Chronometre Bleu?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Charity Anyone else crazy about the FP Journe Chronometre Bleu?

I need to talk about this.
    I mean, look at it.

That Tantalum case....
    And here's the 18K movement:

Does anyone share my obsession with this timepiece? Is there even another watch to look at in this price range?
    Current Collection: Sinn U1; Omega Speedmaster 3570.50; Seiko SARB033; Casio PRW-3000-1A, G-5600A-7DR; Jaeger Le-Coultre Reverso Grande Taille; Hamilton Khaki Field Mechanical ref. H69429931; A. Lange & Sőhne 1815 UP/DOWN; Swatch Sistem51, and some others...

Re: Anyone else crazy about the FP Journe Chronometre Bleu?

I also think it is an amazing-looking watch. The Tantalum case is perfect. Journe is a true artist.
    BusyTimmy likes this.

Yeah, beautiful, though given a choice I'd go Souverain. Prefer the CS blued hands vs the white on the Bleu. Wouldn't "kick it out of bed on a warm nite" though . . .
    A.Lange & Sohne *anOrdain * Audemars Piguet * Blancpain * Cartier * Dornblueth & Sohne * Invicta * Jaeger-LeCoultre * Méraud * Rolex * Revolution Watch Company * Tiffany & Company * Tudor

"the deeper the roots, the higher the reach" - author unknown

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself. - Rumi

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The watch case is a bit boring for my taste, but the movement is gorgeous! That 18k gold just speaks to me...
    BusyTimmy likes this.

I was playing with this exact watch just the other day and it was gorgeous. Much better than in the photos. But yeah, that movement is the real stunner.

The blue dial is extremely intense. It's one of the brightest blues I've ever seen on a watch dial.

If you can't afford that one (I can't), the next best thing I've seen is probably the Nomos Zurich Blaugold.

It's actually a pretty similar watch in many respects....thin, hand wound, sub seconds, of course it costs only a fraction of the Journe as well. Great looking movement too, although almost nothing can compete with the Journe in that category.
    BusyTimmy and eliz like this.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenM View Post
    I was playing with this exact watch just the other day and it was gorgeous. Much better than in the photos. But yeah, that movement is the real stunner.

The blue dial is extremely intense. It's one of the brightest blues I've ever seen on a watch dial.

If you can't afford that one (I can't), the next best thing I've seen is probably the Nomos Zurich Blaugold.

It's actually a pretty similar watch in many respects....thin, hand wound, sub seconds, of course it costs only a fraction of the Journe as well. Great looking movement too, although almost nothing can compete with the Journe in that category.
    Whilst that's a nice watch (and thanks for sharing), for me the draw with the Journe is the harmony between the tantalum case, the blue dial and the movement. Somehow it manages to be absolutely stunning and interesting as well as unique feeling/looking, all at the same time. The Nomos, while beautiful in its own right, looks more like a watch that is familiar, except that it has a blue face. The Journe looks like a watch that was designed to be exactly as it is, in that shade of blue, with that case and those cream indicies/hands.

And of course there is no such thing as the perfect watch. Two things bother me about the Journe;
    1. Heirloom-ity; I have doubts about long-term ownership. Will Journe be around in 40 years? Will parts for this watch exist and, more importantly, will the next owner (someone with the same last name as me) be able to get it serviced and running for years to come?
    2. How robust/durable is a movement made of 18K Gold? It it trivial - a great concept, yet not practical - or is this movement going to outlast me?

Besides those niggling doubts, I just love this watch: The romantic vintage vibe (unlike Nomos), the case crown design, the hand-wound caliber with twin barrels, the finish of the movement itself and the use of Tantalum with this dial - it's just about perfectly executed.
    CitizenM, drhr and KyleT like this.
    Current Collection: Sinn U1; Omega Speedmaster 3570.50; Seiko SARB033; Casio PRW-3000-1A, G-5600A-7DR; Jaeger Le-Coultre Reverso Grande Taille; Hamilton Khaki Field Mechanical ref. H69429931; A. Lange & Sőhne 1815 UP/DOWN; Swatch Sistem51, and some others...

There's no doubt it's a better watch (it had better be lol, for 5 times the price). Have you had a chance to play with that Journe in real life yet? Really mesmerizing.

Wouldn't worry too much about the parts. In 20+ years when that becomes an issue you'll just print whatever part you need.
    Last edited by CitizenM; October 25th, 2013 at 10:38.
    BusyTimmy and drhr like this.

In my view, The FP Journe Chronometre Bleu watch having awesome look. I love it very much. And the Tantalum case is perfect fit.

Thanks for share.
    CitizenM and BusyTimmy like this.

I know what you mean, it is a truly amazing watch, and the movement and dial are simply sublime. It's my favorite Journe, and it doesn't hurt that it's also the most affordable model.

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay, Black Bay GMT.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Ming 17.06; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

Asia - HK, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Shanghai

It's much blue than in the picture PO posted, a gorgeous timepiece, probably the most inexpensive FPJ out there.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information