Anyone Else Love to Look at Watches
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Anyone Else Love to Look at Watches

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Anyone Else Love to Look at Watches

I look and watch threads in the classified section but rarely purchase. I could easily see amassing hundreds or watches if looking isn't where it stopped. Most watches I like seeing are affordable watches but the quantity would make the process expensive. Vintage watches hold a lot of interest. Anyone else like looking more than purchasing?

Re: Anyone Else Love to Look at Watches

After making a recent purchase, I can do nothing else apart from look at watches. Which is why my wife is getting annoyed at the number of watch catalogues I now have at home. I keep telling her it's cheaper than me looking at the real thing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bmfang View Post
    After making a recent purchase, I can do nothing else apart from look at watches. Which is why my wife is getting annoyed at the number of watch catalogues I now have at home. I keep telling her it's cheaper than me looking at the real thing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Same thing with my girlfriend. I keep telling her that me looking at p0rn all the time is cheaper than looking at the real thing.
    Last edited by blue777; March 24th, 2016 at 05:00.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I do like looking at all the different brands and models but only a few grab my attention for ownership.

I've looked at a lot of watches online and fall in love a lot. I wait a couple of weeks only to discover that it's just infatuation.
    Bulova> 96B251. Casio> 5600E. Damasko> DS30. GrandSeiko> SBGH205. Rolex> 116500LN, 16710. Seiko> SARB017, SARB033, SBDX017, SLA017.

Quote Originally Posted by blue777 View Post
    Same thing with my girlfriend. I keep telling her that me looking at p0rn all the time is cheaper than looking at the real thing.
    LOL!!
    Bulova> 96B251. Casio> 5600E. Damasko> DS30. GrandSeiko> SBGH205. Rolex> 116500LN, 16710. Seiko> SARB017, SARB033, SBDX017, SLA017.

I do an advanced search for sales corner threads with 1 or fewer replies since my last visit... probably 3 times a day. So I am definitely guilty.

I always look at the watches. I think it's a rule. Walking through the mall with the fam, I always glance in the different stores to see what they have in stock.

I learned last week that Macy's started carrying Hamilton. So, good things can happen.

My collection may be complete, but it is never completed

Collection: Rolex Submariner 116610; Seikos Orange Monster, Black Monster, 007 (X2) 009, SRPB53, SPB079, and SRP775; Hamiltons Khaki 42mm and Khaki King; Halios Laguna; 2012 WUS CMW Forum Dual Crown Project Watch; Invicta Pro Diver 8926OB; Casio Pathfinder PAG40; G-Shock GD350, GW7900B-1, DW9052-1BCG. GMW5610-1, DW5600, DW5600CMB-1, DW5900, GW-9400-1CR; Orients Star Classic and 2ER; Some other stuff.

In the long term, it's cheaper to look. Look again. Sleep on it. Think about it some more. Shop all the alternatives and only then... buy. Buy stuff you know you're going to like and wear.

I'm in process of thinking about my first watch since last year and it will be a small purchase with "throwaway" money. I'm VERY slowly shopping for a larger purchase but we might be months away from that.
    Choose a job you love, and you'll never work a day in your life because that field isn't hiring.

Looking better than buying? What? Just no. No. No. No. Buying a new watch, slapping that baby on and walking out of the shop (or ripping that box open like a lion biting into the belly of some carcass) should probably be illegal it feels so good. I avoid looking because its too painful to not get my fix lol,...

Seriously though, looking is half the fun, but holding a new purchase is tops.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information