Anyone else wear a watch to bed? - Page 11
Like Tree150Likes

Thread: Anyone else wear a watch to bed?

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Re: Anyone else wear a watch to bed?

Always.

Always...I don't like to wake up and not know the time...(I hate the light from a digital alarm clocks...also known as "hotel clocks") I've sold watches because the lume didn't last all night or was just plain weak. I also think a watch keeps better time the more you keep it on wrist...I have no data to support that :(

BTW...my SKX007 out of all my watches past and present...still has the best lume...I don't know how they do it.....Better than my Sinn, my BP, my Rolex...and the 20 or so micro-brands I've owned....ugh...!!!....My Ginault Smurf w/the BGW9 is the closest to the Seiko, but the 007 still brighter after a full night. Go figure...now if GS only made SD w/its A+ lume...that would be an interesting consideration.
    Last edited by LARufCTR; May 8th, 2019 at 02:34.

Always (unless asked to remove it, haha). I don't like a bright clock by my bed, so a decently lumed watch is much preferable, or I'll trade off to one of my tritium pieces.

LOL, my Seiko was almost too bright, ahaha. Have gotten used to it now though. Love their lume so much!

Name:  IMG_20190411_051756.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  26.0 KB
    Actium likes this.
    Lots of watches in many brands: Breitling (finally!), Oris (finally!), Raymond Weil, Maurice LaCroix, Louis Erard, Seiko, Mido, Certina, Tissot, Hamilton, Victorinox, Wenger, Christopher Ward, Edox, Gv2, Swiss Army Charmex, Luminox, Bulova, Citizen, Casio, Orient, Seagull, Reef Tiger (yes, that one, ha!), Invicta, Deep Blue, Air Blue, Magrette, Belmoto, Leyden, Lum-Tec, Dryden, House of Horology.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I usually don't but recently was traveling and ended up sleeping with my watch on. It was surprisingly helpful to easily check the time. It may become a regular thing for me.
    Actium likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelly View Post
    The only time I've worn a watch to bed was many years ago when I was in an Army barracks - I guess I was afraid someone might break into my locker and steal my new watch.
    That's when I started wearing my watch to bed. I even wore it in the showers for the same reason. Never took that Seiko off. I was also the only guy with a chrono in my artillery section so everyone needed me to time our missions in the field.

I wear a watch all day. At bed time I give my wrist a break

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk
    dm13 likes this.

Gorokan, Central Coast, New South Wales, Australia

I wear my watch to bed on alternate nights. Why? Because left dial up on the dresser it gains close to 1 second a night, if I wear it overnight it loses close to 1 second. About once every two weeks I have to either leave it off or on for a couple of nights to get back to square one. This enables me to be mostly never more that 1 second away from exact time. Pretty good for an ETA 2824-2 elabore movement.
    sarox42 likes this.

Never. But if I get an Apple Watch I think I'll start because of the sleep monitor feature. That'll be an adjustment.

Banned

I'm also a victim of wearing my watch to bed, any watch that gets wrist time during the day also gets it while i'm in bed.

Yes. I have horrible vision and hate the light of an LED clock at night, even on the lowest setting. I charge up the lime and if I wake a quick peek at the wrist lets me know how much longer I can sleep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information