Anyone have a Dornbluth Jasmin?
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Mr. Panerai
  • 1 Post By Nokie
  • 1 Post By drhr
  • 2 Post By mpalmer

Thread: Anyone have a Dornbluth Jasmin?

Anyone have a Dornbluth Jasmin?

A few years ago I convinced my wife to get a nice watch, and since then I have picked up some men's vintage watches that she loves to wear. A few weeks ago she mentioned that she'd like another new watch, so I have been exploring a few options.

However today she told me what she'd really like is a ladies version of my Dornbluth, and wondered if they made such a thing. I knew she liked my watch, but was kinda blown away that she prefers this for herself over other options. She was then very excited when I told her that Dornbluth makes a 34mm version called the Jasmin.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this model?

Re: Anyone have a Dornbluth Jasmin?

No experience with it, but of it's a Dornbleuth it'll be superb based on what I've heard of the brand.

You're in an advantageous position because you already own one of their watches! It'll be of the same quality as yours, just smaller, and I'd be willing to bet that you're pretty satisfied with the fit/finish if yours, again, based on the fact that I've never heard anything negative about Dirk or his brand.

Post pics if she gets one!
    cedargrove likes this.

I have seen a few in person and they looked to be of excellent quality and craftsmanship.
    cedargrove likes this.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Had one a few years back cedar. Typical Dornbleuth quality, an excellent piece in terms of fit, finish, and so forth. Unfortunately, it wore too small for me so I moved it out. Sorry, I don't have wrist pics. Hope it can work out for your wife. Good luck!
    Attached Images Attached Images

cedargrove likes this.
    A.Lange & Sohne * Audemars Piguet * Blancpain * Cartier * Dornblueth & Sohne * Invicta * Jaeger-LeCoultre * Meraud * Rolex * Revolution Watch Company * Tudor

"the deeper the roots, the higher the reach" - author unknown

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself. - Rumi

It looks like a beautiful watch. I could see why anyone would be happy with that one on their wrist. I really like the looks of the movement decoration and the gold engraving they do on the movement.
    drhr and cedargrove like this.
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

Quote Originally Posted by mpalmer View Post
    It looks like a beautiful watch. I could see why anyone would be happy with that one on their wrist. I really like the looks of the movement decoration and the gold engraving they do on the movement.
    Thx. Yeah, love the Dornblueth aesthetic, you can see the effort put into their pieces . . .
    A.Lange & Sohne * Audemars Piguet * Blancpain * Cartier * Dornblueth & Sohne * Invicta * Jaeger-LeCoultre * Meraud * Rolex * Revolution Watch Company * Tudor

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself. - Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Panerai View Post
    No experience with it, but of it's a Dornbleuth it'll be superb based on what I've heard of the brand.

You're in an advantageous position because you already own one of their watches! It'll be of the same quality as yours, just smaller, and I'd be willing to bet that you're pretty satisfied with the fit/finish if yours, again, based on the fact that I've never heard anything negative about Dirk or his brand.

Post pics if she gets one!
    Definitely satisfied with mine. Will post pics if she gets one, but it will likely be a year long wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Nokie View Post
    I have seen a few in person and they looked to be of excellent quality and craftsmanship.
    Good to hear. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by drhr View Post
    Had one a few years back cedar. Typical Dornbleuth quality, an excellent piece in terms of fit, finish, and so forth. Unfortunately, it wore too small for me so I moved it out. Sorry, I don't have wrist pics. Hope it can work out for your wife. Good luck!
    Thanks for posting drhr. Beautiful watch. That is the exact model I was thinking of for my wife. I love the dial pattern in the centre that you don't get on the larger watches.

My wife's watches are all 31-32mm, and I believe this one is around 34-35mm. She won't mind something a little bigger, but I also believe this is thicker than her current watches, so something we'll have to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by mpalmer View Post
    I agree, very beautiful. The gold engraving and engraved balance cock are done by hand. I notice the 3/4 plate doesn't have the striping that's typical on the larger models - drhr, was this your option, or is that standard for the Jasmin?

Quote Originally Posted by cedargrove View Post
    Thanks for posting drhr. Beautiful watch. That is the exact model I was thinking of for my wife. I love the dial pattern in the centre that you don't get on the larger watches.

My wife's watches are all 31-32mm, and I believe this one is around 34-35mm. She won't mind something a little bigger, but I also believe this is thicker than her current watches, so something we'll have to consider.

I agree, very beautiful. The gold engraving and engraved balance cock are done by hand. I notice the 3/4 plate doesn't have the striping that's typical on the larger models - drhr, was this your option, or is that standard for the Jasmin?
    It is thicker, which will make it probably wear larger on your wife. The only thing I requested was the engraving on the backside rim so I assume I got a standard piece.
    Last edited by drhr; October 6th, 2013 at 19:00.

Thread Information