Anyone have experience with Paul's watch and clock repair:Sacramento,CA?

Thread: Anyone have experience with Paul's watch and clock repair:Sacramento,CA?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Anyone have experience with Paul's watch and clock repair:Sacramento,CA?

I was referred to the shop in the title by a forumer. I checked out their website (first hit on google). I've emailed and called them, and all the contact has led me to think they are trustworthy. Also, a servicing is $75. Too good to be true? He says some places outsource their work to him. We talked about omegas and he said he was wearing a constellation.

I am close to sending them my speedy pro. However, I haven't met them... Does anyone have experience with this shop?

it'd be greatly appreciated. This is my baby!

Re: Anyone have experience with Paul's watch and clock repair:Sacramento,CA?

Would like to know as well since I live just 20 miles from Sac and it is so difficult to find qualified people out there. Their website looks good.
    I might bring them a " cheap " diver to service and see their work first hand.

75 for servicing!? I wonder if he's using the old lighter fluid flush.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Watchbreath View Post
    75 for servicing!? I wonder if he's using the old lighter fluid flush.
    No Smuckin Fay!!! $75?? There has to be some sort of mis-communication.
    Greetings from that Island they call Long!

I just came back from their shop in Sacramento. Small place, small overhead !
    Paul was really friendly. I left him an 70' YEMA diver to fix & clean for $ 55.00 !
    Instead of telling me he would have to look at it later etc... he just opened it in front of me in 2 seconds. In 3 seconds, he had the mvt out of the case and in 4 seconds he had the balance spring out and showing me how there was a bend in it !
    After that, I showed him a beautiful DOXA pocket watch I just received from Ebay. I had noticed the hour hand was not moving properly, while the watch seemed to run perfect ( seconds & minutes hands ). I thought Paul was going to ask me to leave the watch for further diagnostic. No. He opened the watch in a few seconds, he knew exactly where to push to adjust the hands and he popped them out super fast, reset them as fast, ran the hands over the full 24 hours and told me that while the hour wheel could have had some missing teeth, it was all good. Before closing everything, he popped the glass crystal out, reglued it, cleanned it and closed everything. And all that for.....free!!!!
    He showed me his timing machine and his cleaning machine with the four baths. He was nice enough to also show me some work he had just done on a Zodiac diver coming from England. These watches are getting to him faded and rusted so badly. He puts back new NOS crystal, dial, hands and clean up the cases. It doesn't look brand new but super clean and working perfectly.
    His prices seem real good. My take is that he works super fast & efficient. He knows what to do. He doesn't have a big overhead. He has thousands of parts in stock. And he is there to do a good job that he enjoys without going for the big bucks like the big retailers.
    As a matter of fact, it seems that is getting repair work from a lot of local jewelry stores in the Sacramento area, including the one in my small town !
    Overall, I think if you need to spend a fortune in order to feel good, he might not be the right guy. But if you want a repair done right or a quick service / restoration at a fair price, he might be the right place to go to.

Wow, sounds like he's a treasure!
    Greetings from that Island they call Long!

Hello,

I am new to the forum and have joined to add some information to this thread regarding Paul's watch and clock repair, Sacramento California.

I am about to engage in a legal battle with this company over four missing watches that were sent to them for repair, after paying for the repairs I have now discovered the watches have vanished, I have lost quite a lot of money and to be perfectly honest all correspondance between myself and this company have now ceased due to their thoroughly nasty email's to me, I put this out as a warning to anyone thinking of using this company.

regards,

Quote Originally Posted by lockesboy View Post
    Hello,

I am new to the forum and have joined to add some information to this thread regarding Paul's watch and clock repair, Sacramento California.

I am about to engage in a legal battle with this company over four missing watches that were sent to them for repair, after paying for the repairs I have now discovered the watches have vanished, I have lost quite a lot of money and to be perfectly honest all correspondance between myself and this company have now ceased due to their thoroughly nasty email's to me, I put this out as a warning to anyone thinking of using this company.

regards,
    Perhaps you'd be good enough to report back after you've proven your case and prevailed in your suit. In the meantime what you have, sir, is an allegation; an unproved one at that. Its so easy to malign someone else's character. Just the push of a button, and instant gratification may be had. For now, might it not be appropriate to give your post the credence due someone with your thread count? I'm inclined to think so.
    Casio: PAW1300-1V
    Nomos: Tangomat (Zeta), Tetra Large (Alpha)
    Rolex: Air King (ca. 1982), Cellini (c.a. 1980)
    Seiko: SNM009 White Samurai, SKX781 Orange Monster, SBDC003 Blue Sumo, SBDC005 Orange Sumo,SNKF07 "BFS", SKX007, 6306 - 7001, 6105 - 8119, 6309 - 7040, SBDX001 Marine Master 300,KS 5625-7040 Hi-Beat Chronometer, SPB015J1 Double Retrograde
    Stowa: Marine Original (Serial), Fleiger Original (Serial)
    Tutima: F2 PR

Quote Originally Posted by redbike View Post
    Perhaps you'd be good enough to report back after you've proven your case and prevailed in your suit. In the meantime what you have, sir, is an allegation; an unproved one at that. Its so easy to malign someone else's character. Just the push of a button, and instant gratification may be had. For now, might it not be appropriate to give your post the credence due someone with your thread count? I'm inclined to think so.
    Sir,

you are indeed entitled to your opinion, However you are not in the full possesion of the facts.

Please let me clear that little detail up for you!

The facts of the matter are that 4 watches, 1 longines wristwatch, 1 solid silver fusee chronometer pocketwatch, 1 ladies 18k gold and diamond wristwatch, and a M I Tobias english pocketwatch went missing after being serviced by Pauls watch and clock repair, the watches, all of them have now turned up back at the repairers workshop, aparently the watches were sent sent to me on December 6th 2009 without my knowledge,, urecorded and uninsured and went missing in the post for 7 weeks, the watches have now turned up back at the repairers workshop,it is a regretable incident which has now been resolved, I myself have arranged for Fedex to collect these watches along with others and return them safely to me at my own expense.

As you are giving a thumbs down to me, well the same to you sir and my post count has absolutely nothing to do with the Facts of the matter in hand, This may be my 2nd post or my 2000th post, the post count is not relevant to these facts.

you sir may be happy at sending watches to be serviced, not knowing that they were posted back to you over 7 weeks ago and have gone missing, you may be happy as well that they were sent unrecorded and uninsured, you might be happy that when I asked this company to try and find the watches and if they could not find them I explained that they would have to make good my losses, *the value of the watches and the cost of repairs,* you might be happy to hear that they said in an email to me that they would not do that.

After several emails they backtracked with the threat of civil legal action and we came to an accord and money was paid, the good news is that the watches have been returned back to the repairers and I immediately returned the money to them and have now arranged for the watches to be collected.

As soon as I receive the watches back I will inform the forum and hopefully that will be the end of the matter.

I do hope that clarifies the stuation somewhat for you.

Quote Originally Posted by lockesboy View Post
    Sir,

you are indeed entitled to your opinion, However you are not in the full possesion of the facts.

Please let me clear that little detail up for you!

The facts of the matter are that 4 watches, 1 longines wristwatch, 1 solid silver fusee chronometer pocketwatch, 1 ladies 18k gold and diamond wristwatch, and a M I Tobias english pocketwatch went missing after being serviced by Pauls watch and clock repair, the watches, all of them have now turned up back at the repairers workshop, aparently the watches were sent sent to me on December 6th 2009
    Wow! Your watches have bent the time space continuum! No wonder they took a while to be found...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information