Anyone hear of fake Hamilton Khaki watches?

Thread: Anyone hear of fake Hamilton Khaki watches?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Anyone hear of fake Hamilton Khaki watches?

I have been trying to source Hamilton Khaki watches and as with most watches, there is a large discrepancy between what my local ADs want and what I can find watches for on the internet. I was wondering if anyone has ever run across fake Hamilton watches? Hamiltons customer support said they never have heard of fakes.

Thanks for any help.

Re: Anyone hear of fake Hamilton Khaki watches?

Hi Dace,

Personally, I've never seen a fake Hammy but that doesn't mean much. I'm sure they do exist. Much of the price difference you see between ADs and ye 'ole internet can be attributed to gray market dealers online. Hamilton seems to be very strict about who they let sell their products. Authorized online dealers typically may not be allowed to even list prices on their websites. Sites like redfingerprint.com and orolus.com (typically located in places such as Singapore, and Malaysia) are definite gray market but many here have ordered from them with great success/service. Of course, Hamilton will not, I'm sure, under any circumstances, honor factory warranty on a watch purchased through a non AD shop, regardless of location. So that kind of leaves the ball in your court. Find a reputable non-authorized online dealer (some here can comment on success/lack of in specific) and save some bucks. Or "pay the man" to get factory warranty through an AD, which may, in the long run, um, save some bucks/frustration!?

I've never seen one. Watches in that price range, I don't get the point, but then again, I've seen quite a few fake Movados.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

WX1

My word! Fake Hamilton Khakis? I dunno, I somehow can't believe it -- I know I picked up my Hamilton Aviation QNE after hearing of the reasonable price (I thought for sure the thing was gonna cost a thousand and some hundreds). Why go after those, methinks (to echo Watchbreath).

Heh, I don't see why anyone would want to copy the QNE; I mean, that "aviation tool" on the surrounding bezel of that model doesn't seem like an easy verbatim, you know.

Anyway, I got mine from an AD, papers, etc.; the QNE's a true "ain't nothin' like the real thing" watch. :)
    Last edited by WX1; May 18th, 2007 at 07:09.

stuffler,mike

Never seen one, never heard.

I don't know of any fakes, either. I did recently buy a grey market Hamilton Khaki Chronograph from a US-based seller on eBay for a good price. If you are looking to buy grey market, just do a search on eBay and you will probably find the same dealer. The watch arrived very quickly (even though I'm in the UK), is no doubt genuine and is running perfectly. An all-round good experience for me. Feel free to PM me if you want his contact details.

I saw a fake Timex once. Cost more than the original!!!

(I'm just kiidding, but it sounded good!)
    Greetings from that Island they call Long!

No fake Hamiltons. What you're seeing is the extreme markup AD's put on Hamiltons vs. what they are worth to people. So, online away from ADs, you will see Hamiltons cheaper than what AD's mark them up to be. True story.

-Jarrod

Extreme markup by ADs?! Good one!!
    Quote Originally Posted by watch-man7777 View Post
    No fake Hamiltons. What you're seeing is the extreme markup AD's put on Hamiltons vs. what they are worth to people. So, online away from ADs, you will see Hamiltons cheaper than what AD's mark them up to be. True story.

WX1

I got my Khakis from a B&M at a really good price (I'll say over $500, less than $800 ["way less," I should add). . . and they're worth much more than the financial cost to me, is what I've to say .

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information