Anyone know about CYMA Chronometer?

Thread: Anyone know about CYMA Chronometer?

Anyone know about CYMA Chronometer?

I've had my CYMA nineteen forty chronometer for about 3 years now. I didnt realize there was a watch forum with informed people on it. Does anyone know any details/history about the movement. I was somewhat curious about if there was a difference in quality between the automatics and the chronometer automatics or if its the same thing but one was sent off to get a COSC certificate.

I only have my iphone with me right now thats why the pictures arent too clear. But the movement says CYMA 70 and below that is 1589. Also it would be great to know how many turns of the the crown fully winds the watch and how many turns an hour a watch winder should be set to for this watch. I wish they would have included a manual with details like this.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Re: Anyone know about CYMA Chronometer?

It's a ETA 2895-2 iirc. And yes, there are different grades (elabore, top, chronometre).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Yes, it is an ETA 2895 which is part of a long running family of movements derived from the 2892. And the 2892 had a father whose number I forget right now. It is a high quality movement that will get you many years of accurate service. Although the 2892 series of movements are know for having an easy to wind crown, there is no need to handwind it or set it up on a watch winder. The rotor is so efficient that routine wearing will keep it fully wound. When not wearing the watch just let it run down and reset when you want to wear it again.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by John MS View Post
    Yes, it is an ETA 2895 which is part of a long running family of movements derived from the 2892. And the 2892 had a father whose number I forget right now. It is a high quality movement that will get you many years of accurate service. Although the 2892 series of movements are know for having an easy to wind crown, there is no need to handwind it or set it up on a watch winder. The rotor is so efficient that routine wearing will keep it fully wound. When not wearing the watch just let it run down and reset when you want to wear it again.
    Thanks for the info.

Thats just it, I'm a programmer and cant type with it on so during the regular week I just wear it to and from the car and while it is usually running during the day I know that it is always hours or days off of the real time because of it not getting enough wind and stopping in the night.

Thread Information