Anyone know anything about this brand?

Thread: Anyone know anything about this brand?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Down where people say "How's it goin'" and wait for an answer.

Question Anyone know anything about this brand?

I posted this on a few other threads, but I'm really curious if anyone knows anything about it .

Dial says "Wittau" next to the date at 3 o clock and "Automatic Chronograph" at 9 o clock. It's powered by a ETA7750, but it lacks a constant seconds at 9. I got it on e-bay. Stainless case. The back says "Swiss Automatic Chronograph Movement - All Stainless Steel - Water Resistant 5ATM - "

It looks small in the wrist shot, but it's just the angle. It's 42mm diameter, 52mm lug tip to lug tip. Came on a Banda Shark band. I'll let the pics to the rest of the talking.

These pics are with a different camera from the shop, not as good. I'll try and get some better movement shots. It has the ETA hallmark and 7750 stamped under the balance in the right spots.

Here's a crap digital zoom on the ETA mark and the 7750 stamp. You can almost make them out.

I'm thinking maybe someone's Kit watch? I have no idea.

:thanks:thanks

:thanks
    | HKED Bund| Casio Riseman |1940's Bulova Tank | Orient Black Mako | Helm Vanuatu v2 | 60's Benrus Auto |
    I got out of watches for a long time, but I'm coming back!

Re: Anyone know anything about this brand?

Looks like an Almanus - Urbanus, that's about it.

stuffler,mike

Search the web for Oliver Wittau. This might be interesting for you too:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?p=1485015

Oliver Wittau aka Uhrenhimmel is a wholesaler with no watchmaking history, most watches are sold on the net, up to now I did't see one of his watches in a reputable shop.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    Search the web for Oliver Wittau. This might be interesting for you too:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?p=1485015

Oliver Wittau aka Uhrenhimmel is a wholesaler with no watchmaking history, most watches are sold on the net, up to now I did't see one of his watches in a reputable shop.
    I saw those before I bought it on e-bay, but I was under the impression from those threads that he was selling fakes. This one has the real thing. I was assuming that I was getting a cheap chinese movement when I put in the bid.

Quote Originally Posted by Watchbreath
    Looks like an Almanus - Urbanus, that's about it.
    It looks EXACTLY like one of those, you know except for that silly Wittau on it.:

Considering they're going for $1600US on e-bay, I'll consider the $230 I paid a steal! I can't find any info on that company that isn't in german, any links?

:thanks both of you!
    | HKED Bund| Casio Riseman |1940's Bulova Tank | Orient Black Mako | Helm Vanuatu v2 | 60's Benrus Auto |

stuffler,mike

As I said, there is no watchmaking. Oliver Wittau is running the Uhrenhimmel GmbH and other enterprises, buying and selling watches. That´s it. Your watch originates from a Privale Label Brand manufacturer. Don' t matter if it is a Almanus, a MSC, a Wittau or a P&R, all are made in the same stable somewhere in Switzerland. The Valjoux used is the basic one.

Uhrenhimmel GmbH
    Oliver Wittau
    E-Mail: [email protected]
    Anschrift: Schleienweg 5
    31275 Lehrte
    +49 (5175) 980 312

Lehrte is not know to be the center of german watchmaking
    Last edited by stuffler,mike; January 10th, 2009 at 21:47.

New York City: "The city that never sleeps". If it got some sleep, it wouldn't look so crappy!

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    As I said, there is no watchmaking. Oliver Wittau is running the Uhrenhimmel GmbH and other enterprises, buying and selling watches. That´s it. Your watch originates from a Privale Label Brand manufacturer. Don' t matter if it is a Almanus, a MSC, a Wittau or a P&R, all are made in the same stable somewhere in Switzerland. The Valjoux used is the basic one.
    Being made by a private label manufacturer doesn't make this a bad watch-- it just lumps it in with the majority of legitimately "Swiss Made" watches.
    At least it was a Swiss private label manufacture and not a Chinese one.
    If this is a Swiss Valjoux, then Bleh got a great deal. He paid less far far less for the whole watch than what the movement alone costs. Hell, if the ETA shortage continues, he could sell the watch for a nice profit to someone in desperate need of a replacement movement!
    The best watch is the one that makes you happiest... and tells the time.

i think you got a great deal on a beautiful watch! id totally buy it for that price! looks just like the B&M executives chrono.

Apparently, it looks like a lot of things. The e-bay listing compared it to an IWC Portuguese.

I love it myself. Let me know if you get tired of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Outlawyer View Post
    I love it myself. Let me know if you get tired of it!
    You should see it with the bracelet!

you're not the first person to request that. I'll be hanging on to it for a while, at least until I get my hands on another 7750 chrono. I've got my eye on a Damasko, if I can finagle some funds for one of those, I'll probably sell a few out of the collection to supplement. This might be one.
    Last edited by Bleh; August 24th, 2009 at 21:00.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information